a pair of green slippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryk

Mar 8, 2004
i don't know why, but i always have this penchant of shooting isolated subjects...better yet if in seemingly incongruent surroundings. and hence this shot, taken more than a year ago in a sleepy little village in thailand.

no doubt the subject would be rather boring by itself, they're just a pair of slippers anyways. but the juxtaposition of the textured, almost 'dirty' surrounding with the clean, sterile smoothness of the slippers really creates a sharp contrast between the two.. so what's you're take on this?

other than that, abit of tweaking around for the rather gloomy aesthetics.

and sorry, no stories or what not..someone left their slippers on the ground and i just took a picture of it =).

2118356542_fa64b1aaeb.jpg

Interesting ^ ^

I'm thinking would have been nice to have someone stand barefooted at the upper left corner as well... just the feet :sweatsm:

Not sure if it will look better by lowering the view point?;)

think subject seem to be too small in proportion to the empty space... maybe a tighter crop?:)

Did you up the green saturation? The concret ground looks greenish too. If the concret colour can be dark grey, I think the green from the slipper will have more punch. And yeah, I would love a pano crop, but must include the 3 leaves on the left to balance the pic.

All I mentioned are personal taste.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.