A NIKON D60 or D80?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triissyy

May 24, 2008
I'm deciding if i should get a d60 or a d80, and as d80 is a rather old model, and has older shooting modes, BUT has more functions, i am unsure of which, in the end is still better and worth to get.

Any suggestions? thanks!

I asked the same thing few weeks ago.. And u will have most telling u to get a D80.. But I got myself a D60, from my ex.. so no choice.. haha.. both produces very good photos.
If u r just starting out, maybe a D60.. however, alot of pple have commented that it is too small, but for those who graduate from PNS, this machine is bigger than any we have held!!
Another point to note is D60 does not have a internal focusing motor, so if auto-focusing is a must, u can only use a limited variety of lenses, mainly AF-S lenses and sigma's HSM and tamrons' Dii lenses. These are new lenses with internal focusing motors that will auto-focus on D60.
D80 will have a larger range to choose from for autofocusing lenses.
D60 lighter, d80 bulkier
Have been told that D60 produces better images maybe due to the new imaging software.
so how now? U choose.. haha

u gotta think if u wanna 'upgrade' to a better set in future too, if u get a D60 most probably u'll wanna upgrade in 1 or 2 years time to a better model that wont limit yr use of lenses and stuff. i will definitely say D80 :)

take note that the D60 and the D80 are in different leagues thought prices may beb the same

the D60 is a entry-level DSLR while the D80 is the mid-range DSLR

they are different in size and in performance but however for the price, i'd go for the D80

main reason is for the built in AF motor that is not present on the D60

well personally i prefer d80 too, alright, i guess my mind is set, im going for d80. thanks alot guys.

Good choice!
Im using D80, its oredi been a yr plus...
Good cam, U'll enjoy it...;)

If you are buying them new..i recommend a 2nd hand D200 instead. That way only one jump if you want to go FF.

I don't own them both. but if i were you get the D80 or 2nd hand D300 instead.

D80!You will only be able to use AF-S lenses with D60:(

actually its not true u can only use AF-S lenses with D60, it should be u can only auto-focus with nikon AF-S lenses, sigma HSM, tamron Dii lenses. else a d60 can actually use more type of lenses then a d80..
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm
have a look at the lens compatibility chart above u will see that D80 cannot use Pre-AI lenses (u dont normally see much of them anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.