A Newbie of DSLR here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel81

Oct 20, 2008
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Just gotten my Canon 1000d/Rebel XS last saturday. Hope to pick up some neat photography skills thru here. :)

Hi... me too. So far looks good for photo quality...still learning using the 'M' mode.

Hi... me too. So far looks good for photo quality...still learning using the 'M' mode.

Why 'M'? P, Av and Tv are useful modes as well and under certain circumstance they might be even better since there are automatic functions included.

For learning exposure and being creative, "M" mode is perfect :)

Cheers
CR

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Just gotten my Canon 1000d/Rebel XS last saturday. Hope to pick up some neat photography skills thru here. :)
Hi Rebel81, i also got my canon 1000D 1 week ago. Still figuring out how to use the creative modes :bsmilie:, did you sign up for Canon free training?

A warm welcome to CS, rebel81. The beginner stage is always interesting with so much to learn abeit full of doubts but thats where the fun which is attractive about photography with limitless exploration regardless of any level. Try to shoot more often with a group or a friend and figure out what the different buttons and dials do to your image. Also reading up more expands your knowledge on the terms of photography, when in doubt feel free to use the very useful search function in this forum, more often the question has been asked before. Well wishes on your journey in photography!

Welcome to CS

read more
shoot more
post more

Why 'M'? P, Av and Tv are useful modes as well and under certain circumstance they might be even better since there are automatic functions included.

No lah...just trying out the 'M' mode first, play with the lighting effect and will also learn other mode as time come by :)

Share your pictures too, should you need any advice.:)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and useful tips ! :D

Hi Rebel81, i also got my canon 1000D 1 week ago. Still figuring out how to use the creative modes :bsmilie:, did you sign up for Canon free training?

Not yet.....will sign up for it soon :)

Hi Brother! Never choose Nikon ah? Just Kidding. Enjoy your new purchase.

hi! i'm also a newbie. dont even have my own dslr. have fun!! :D

Welcome! Browse the wide variety of photography books and magazines at Kino and Borders when you are free. They cover all the technical aspects of photography. As for the artistic aspect, you have to develop your 'eye' over time by observing the works of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.