A newbie just owned a pre-owned 500D

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems that there is a major misunderstanding going on here
and egos are coming in the way of a solution

so, either keeps your egos or stay out of this thread
do note the terms of use

1. Be Nice and Be Civilised - abusing, name-calling, personal attacks on members and/or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. Be kind to newbies as they may not know the general flow of the forums. Repeatedly violation of this rule will result in banishment.

5. Flaming / Personal Attacks - We will not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks or self-promoting messages. Please refer to Rule #1. Repeated abuse will result in banishment.

6. Trolls - We will not tolerate anyone antagonising other forum members by posting potentially inflammatory messages. See Rule #1. Repeated abuse will result in banishment. Do not participate in a thread merely to criticize or mock the equipment choice of other forum members in the thread. Examples include Nikon shooters posting in Canon topic areas, Canon shooters posting in Nikon topic areas and anyone posting in any topic area where the result can serve only to insult and inflame regular participants in that topic area.

Hi callndrew,

I am a newbie here too..
Seriously, if you cool down, clear your mind and re-read what daredevil has wrote. It is a "I-had-been-there" kind of advice. He means no harm. He is just trying to let you know that age is not a stopper to learning photography and must be open to self-learning. Cos photography is really a very "personal" hobby especially at the time when you are composing for a shot.

If you are really interested in learning photography, do take dingaroo's offer and stop harping on this misunderstanding..
Both dingaroo and daredevil are great teachers and photographers. You should have seen the photos they have taken and you will agree with me.

Let's all learn and improve..:)

Bro DD123,
Cool down...
You know how you are like and what kind of person you are, that's enough...
Don't give up on newbies....still got a lot of newbies waiting to be guided into the beautiful world of photography :)

it seems that there is a major misunderstanding going on here
and egos are coming in the way of a solution

so, either keeps your egos or stay out of this thread
do note the terms of use

1. Be Nice and Be Civilised - abusing, name-calling, personal attacks on members and/or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. Be kind to newbies as they may not know the general flow of the forums. Repeatedly violation of this rule will result in banishment.

5. Flaming / Personal Attacks - We will not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks or self-promoting messages. Please refer to Rule #1. Repeated abuse will result in banishment.

6. Trolls - We will not tolerate anyone antagonising other forum members by posting potentially inflammatory messages. See Rule #1. Repeated abuse will result in banishment. Do not participate in a thread merely to criticize or mock the equipment choice of other forum members in the thread. Examples include Nikon shooters posting in Canon topic areas, Canon shooters posting in Nikon topic areas and anyone posting in any topic area where the result can serve only to insult and inflame regular participants in that topic area.

:thumbsup: Nice closure by the Mod . Suggest to close this thread to cool the temperature.

Let us all be patient and calm ourselves down We should always remember that we were newbies before. For seniors, be patient in giving guides for they may not know where to look for specific topics, for newbies, try to search for something before asking.....and always remember, google is our best buddy here! ;)

not to take sides, i think this has gotten out of hand. getting too personal. maybe TS and whoever else has been offended might want to take this to a more personal setting e.g PMs.

callndrew,

Look at Post #7 again.

Tell me, WHICH PART of the message is sacarstic. Explain.

Tell me, Did post #7 help you? Was it an attempt to help you?

Tell me, Post #7, I try to tell you how to shoot, by quieting your mind, and observe. Which part of that is not good advice?

Tell me, Post #7, Did I or did I not, share links with you? Are those links lousy? Useless? Are those links meant to help you?

SO, was I trying to help you? Is this what we are supposed to be doing in a NEWBIE THREAD? To help people?

Answer me,

I have tried to respond to your doubt. Unfortunately the system cookies auto log me out after I have click on the submit button and all my answer to your doubt is not recoverable.

I wish I have time to re-type them out but not for the moment as I think I have more important things (work) to do than hanging on debate the innocent party. Either you want to treat it as my way to excuse myself or running away, I leave it to you.

However, my conclusion is - I will leave my case close and not correspond any further as it will involve more parties and irritates everyone. If you think this is not acceptable. I can suggest to have a personal talk outside of this forum rather than spoiling the peace and learning forum here.

If you take my proposal than, PM me as long as I am not being banned.

ok now can close thread

any other parties please take the discussion through pm and offline
a nice kopi session will always do the trick
thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.