A newbie just owned a pre-owned 500D

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to callndrew, I think that given enough time he/she will definitely do more reading, shooting and learning on his/her own. But due to the time that YOG is here right now, TS just don't want to miss this historic event.

callndrew, i feel that it is easier to shoot first, ask questions later. As in analyse after the shoot, like how the picture can be improved, by looking at it yourself and by seeking advise from other viewers, need not be experts since different people have different opinions.

For your case, due to not being able to quickly learn your camera in and out, can i make a suggestion here? When i shoot my children at some theme park or whatever event, I set to auto/program auto and shoot like machine gun. a lot of people will laugh/frown at me for shooting without thinking, but end of the day, if i got a good shot, im happy.

I would leave the learning to other time or outing when you can afford the time. just my humble suggestion from a fellow newbie.

Cheers.

Hey hey relax guys ,

tots this just misunderstanding.

First of all, TS just wandering around if there's any outing for YOG so he can hang around with the guys, because the Beginner Outing for his turn still take weeks.

While DareDevil123 think to learn photography does not mean you need to go to YOG, you may just try to shoot some object in your house or any where. Learn about exposure and composing, understanding the basic of camera, etc.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

For TS : for sure when come to event photography, others people will hardly to guide you , except from the start their intention to guide you. Since event photography, they waiting for the moment to be captured.

Last edited:
Thank you to your compliment.

in my opinion, most of us here have merely been using this opportunity to bombard the TS. if you're really that unhappy with newbies asking for spoonfeeding, clicking the back button or closing the window would have been much more constructive.

that aside, my advice is merely to shoot more on your own time to learn from real life experiences. you sound more excited about owning a camera than using it :p but the fun only begins when you head out on your own to learn how to use it. thats my 2 cents

in my opinion, most of us here have merely been using this opportunity to bombard the TS. if you're really that unhappy with newbies asking for spoonfeeding, clicking the back button or closing the window would have been much more constructive.

that aside, my advice is merely to shoot more on your own time to learn from real life experiences. you sound more excited about owning a camera than using it :p but the fun only begins when you head out on your own to learn how to use it. thats my 2 cents

We didn't start bombarding the TS till he started bombarding us first. FYI.

Hey hey relax guys ,

tots this just misunderstanding.

First of all, TS just wandering around if there's any outing for YOG so he can hang around with the guys, because the Beginner Outing for his turn still take weeks.

While DareDevil123 think to learn photography does not mean you need to go to YOG, you may just try to shoot some object in your house or any where. Learn about exposure and composing, understanding the basic of camera, etc.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

For TS : for sure when come to event photography, others people will hardly to guide you , except from the start their intention to guide you. Since event photography, they waiting for the moment to be captured.

And TS stated he wasn't asking to be guided for free, but want to "tag along" for "exchange of information". There is no exchange. If a non-experienced shooter tag along an experience in an event shoot. The only "exchange" will be the non-experienced on asking the experienced shooter questions all the time. Dragging down the experienced shooter, making him/her lose all the shots.

And after that, TS asked for practical guide. and I replied there is none, might as well ask others to shoot for you.

TS responded to me, calling me selfish.

So, who is misunderstanding who? TS made a direct personal attack on me. And that is not a misunderstanding. And this is after I attempted to help, by telling him things he can do to improve, and also providing links to reading material for him to read and learn...

Last edited:
We didn't start bombarding the TS till he started bombarding us first. FYI.

You do not need to defend yourself when you have already done so much to help newbies here. If some newbies think that the world owes them a living by just asking, then let them be. There are many others that we can spend time on.

You do not need to defend yourself when you have already done so much to help newbies here. If some newbies think that the world owes them a living by just asking, then let them be. There are many others that we can spend time on.

Thanks. Actually I don't really care. As far as I see it, he just banned himself from most of the major newbie guide shoots in CS. I think most senior guides would think twice before letting him join a newbie instructional shoot. Sad really.

Hi callndrew , don't worry and I'm also newbie with 500D , let's hunting together and enjoy life ;)

Hi everyone,

I am totally new to photography despite of my age :cry: And has little knowledge how to deliver fantastic result like the majority members here. I may not be also able to spell the correct terms or words in every parts of the camera I have recently bought.

I have just bought a preowned Canon 500D kit with the 18-55mm lens. After reading the forum posts and admiring the effect the members here has being able to deliver, it really motivate me to deliver basic result of a beginner photography shoots.

I am so eager to begin my shots in some interesting objects, potraits or events. Unfortunately, the NDP 2010 has just passed and the YOG is happening now. I have enrolled for the Beginner Outing (Part 25) which will be held on 25 August. However, I am so eager to begin shooting especially not to miss the YOG shots.

Is there anyone who has kind of gathering or outings for the coming YOG meets during the YOG Torch? I wish I could get some partner or senior to guide me along instead of missing the great opportunity.

:embrass:

hi there. firstly a warm welcome to the club and into photography. im new too, just got my canon 550D last month in july and am happy shooting my way through, exploring in tv/av modes. playing around with iso and of course the software that came with the dslr.

i think daredevil has some great links that he used it as his welcome template for newcomers. do check it out. it has benefitted me in many ways.

firstly, i learn about the rule of third.

then i learn how to be creative by shooting at different angles and all.

try it out, dont worry about the shutter life. just keep shooting, and it will perfect your shots eventually.

i do experience mistakes too. one example is when i thought i have the set the shutter speed properply,endup, the picture taken was dark. i try not to use flash, but instead play with the shutter speed. i improve it by slowing the shutter speed even slower,and eventually got what i want.

cheers,
RR

hi there. firstly a warm welcome to the club and into photography. im new too, just got my canon 550D last month in july and am happy shooting my way through, exploring in tv/av modes. playing around with iso and of course the software that came with the dslr.

i think daredevil has some great links that he used it as his welcome template for newcomers. do check it out. it has benefitted me in many ways.

firstly, i learn about the rule of third.

then i learn how to be creative by shooting at different angles and all.

try it out, dont worry about the shutter life. just keep shooting, and it will perfect your shots eventually.

i do experience mistakes too. one example is when i thought i have the set the shutter speed properply,endup, the picture taken was dark. i try not to use flash, but instead play with the shutter speed. i improve it by slowing the shutter speed even slower,and eventually got what i want.

cheers,
RR

Don't bother. He calls me a selfish person. He don't need my links.

Don't bother. He calls me a selfish person. He don't need my links.

chill peeps in this thread. let's just exchange our ideas freely and politely. chill all. :lovegrin:

chill Bros...

Hi TS, welcome!

Hi dd123, soon TS will realise you are actually one very helpful CSer.

*Just a misunderstanding*:D

...But due to the time that YOG is here right now, TS just don't want to miss this historic event.

Hi Muckafutha, thanks for clarifying my feeling, intention and thoughts here. But I guess not all people thinks alike. Really appreciate your patience reading the actual intention I was trying my best to convey despite of my grammetical error or phrases.

callndrew, i feel that it is easier to shoot first, ask questions later. As in analyse after the shoot, like how the picture can be improved, by looking at it yourself and by seeking advise from other viewers, need not be experts since different people have different opinions.
Cheers.

This is exactly what I have thought before purchasing a camera. In addition, I hope to seek my bro-in law to share his view when there is opportunity, which usually he too, is very busy at work.

Million of thanks

:)

chill Bros...

Hi TS, welcome!

Hi dd123, soon TS will realise you are actually one very helpful CSer.

*Just a misunderstanding*:D

Well. misunderstanding or not, some words said cannot be taken back. Just goes to show what kind of person he is. I will never ever help him ever. Not worth my time.

Last edited:

Thanks... if it is not because of YOG and the next outing is weeks later, I won't be asking a lame question here. Besides, I thought to begin my virgin post in newbie corner will seek assistance and patience guidance but it seem likewise. So sorry to see stress in this post and disturbance to all members.

As I am merely posting to find out if there are any mini-gathering shoots by the members here so that I could tag along. I have not indicate I will troubling/interfere them in their shoots. I would love to observe and see the technique they are using. Besides, I guess there must be 1 out of thousands who is willing to explain in the later time after the ceremony, right?

I am puzzled with why would he (alone) speaks for the whole group of members in CS where I have merely raise my query. Did I ever spell anyone specific must be obliged to guide practically? No, I don't.

I have apologised for the mis-comm and address the correction of my initial. Did he express his gentleman behaviours to do likewise before he uses Sarcastic remarks on my comments?

Perhaps, as I mentioned earlier, posting in the forum in writing sometimes does not relay the exact message especially in diffuse its actual meaning and intention. But this seem to be ignored.

:dunno:

in my opinion, most of us here have merely been using this opportunity to bombard the TS. if you're really that unhappy with newbies asking for spoonfeeding, clicking the back button or closing the window would have been much more constructive.that aside, my advice is merely to shoot more on your own time to learn from real life experiences. you sound more excited about owning a camera than using it :p but the fun only begins when you head out on your own to learn how to use it. thats my 2 cents

Exactly, magicianhisoka. As per the folder description by the moderators/administrator of the forum. This folder is for newbie especially like you, me and others. If someone who does not wish to answer/responsible or liable for a lame question like mine, he/she can simply ignored and move on to other topics.

You have got my point. Thanks

Hi callndrew , don't worry and I'm also newbie with 500D , let's hunting together and enjoy life ;)

Cool! I would love to. I trust we have plenty of opportunity to get together for sharing. As long as I am not being banned here. :)

Thanks... if it is not because of YOG and the next outing is weeks later, I won't be asking a lame question here. Besides, I thought to begin my virgin post in newbie corner will seek assistance and patience guidance but it seem likewise. So sorry to see stress in this post and disturbance to all members.

As I am merely posting to find out if there are any mini-gathering shoots by the members here so that I could tag along. I have not indicate I will troubling/interfere them in their shoots. I would love to observe and see the technique they are using. Besides, I guess there must be 1 out of thousands who is willing to explain in the later time after the ceremony, right?

I am puzzled with why would he (alone) speaks for the whole group of members in CS where I have merely raise my query. Did I ever spell anyone specific must be obliged to guide practically? No, I don't.

I have apologised for the mis-comm and address the correction of my initial. Did he express his gentleman behaviours to do likewise before he uses Sarcastic remarks on my comments?

Perhaps, as I mentioned earlier, posting in the forum in writing sometimes does not relay the exact message especially in diffuse its actual meaning and intention. But this seem to be ignored.

:dunno:

You apologized to the mods. You did not apologize to me for your personal attack on me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.