A Newbie has talent ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

desleyhan

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.

I have been using the Nikon Coolpix for a while now.

I think I have it (talent) to buy myself a DSL and I have narrowed down to either a Nikon or a Canon.

But I'm still weighing between the two.

Anyone can help out a newbie (like me) before he lands-up getting something not so suitable?

Is there anything I should know before buying one?

Thanks All. :)

Hi welcome to CS , as for which cam you should take suggest go to the shop try out .

Reputable shops (MS Color, Jo3:16, Cathay, blabla), try and feel which one you like the most.

Welcome to CS

READ MORE
SHOOT more
Post more

talent to buy a dslr? you dont need talent , you need money.

welcome and post your pics after you have got a DSLR.... :)

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.

I think I have it (talent) to buy myself a DSL and I have narrowed down to either a Nikon or a Canon.

Anyone can help out a newbie (like me) before he lands-up getting something not so suitable?

I'm not sure why you feel the need to justify your purchase decision to other CSers by praising yourself.
And anyway, between Canon and Nikon, there are at least 10 different DSLR models (DSLR not DSL, which is a kind of broadband connection).
Both are successful companies, so both product ranges are also good. What are you looking for? What makes you think that one brand will be less suitable than the other?

All these can be found by going to try out the cameras at the shops, and reading through the models' spec sheets online.

So in short, you have talent (or so you claim), but I think you also have laziness...

Decide for yourself instead of wanting suggestions.Always remember 'One man's meat is another man's poison'. It's your choice !

talent to buy a dslr? you dont need talent , you need money.

You beat me to it :bsmilie:

Anyway, as for Nikon vs. Canon, it depends on your budget and experience. I'm assuming you don't have any existing lenses worth keeping or you wouldn't be asking this question. They're all very good cameras. Depending on your budget, I'd go for (in decreasing $, ignoring the Pro cameras)

5DII
D700
D300
50D/40D
D90
D80
Rebels/D60
D40x/D40

It is also worthwhile thinking about what lenses you intend to get for the camera (over the next few years), and see if it is available from that brand.

I have only experience with Canon, and I don't want to sound like a Canon salesman, so I'll give more suggestions only if you have specific questions about Canon. I certainly don't think Canon is the only way to go - unless like me you already have a number of good lenses and a few years of experience with the user interface of the brand.

congratulations!

you have the talent. for talent, it is wellknown that you should get nothing but the best.

please proceed to the shops to bbb a nikon d3. :thumbsup:

please proceed to the shops to bbb a nikon d3. :thumbsup:

I thought it should be the D3x that u gave me ? :bsmilie:

Budget is the most limiting factor. Read up on the various models and brands, there are plenty more good makers other than Canon or Nikon. Plenty of threads here on what to buy for a start. And go to the shops and handle them. A comfortable tool will unleash ur talents :)

Ryan

Last edited:
actually only hasselblads and lomos can match TRUE talent. D3X/1DSmk3 are toys.

j/k

If you're new to dslrs, then it doesn't matter Sony/Olympus/Pentax/Nikon/Canon/Sigma, they can all produce great photos. Go to a shop and try out first, see what feels best to you.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.

wow :thumbsup:

pls showcase your work after you gotten your DSLR so we can see your awesome talent

you can consider 1D MK III

Congrats on your newly discovered talent, IT show is here and check out every camera booth :)

Welcome to CS....

Got talent dun need to buy DSLR alrd. Maybe u r indeed talented enuf to make one urself?

Dun let your talent go to waste. Maybe u can come up with better cameras than both Canon & Nikon? You never know if u dun try right? And prehaps u can name it DESLEY MKI? Sounds cool huh?

wow :thumbsup:

pls showcase your work after you gotten your DSLR so we can see your awesome talent

you can consider 1D MK III

I am still waiting for the D3X that Meh Meh has promised me...but still my loyalty is to the empire.

Ok enuff jokes...

To the T/S, talent is shown when you have something to show for eg Nightmare and Van and many others before me. Not by what you say. Talent does not justify yourself in getting a DSLR. What matters most is your passion for the craft. Photography is not cheap in terms of money spent only but time as well. Only heaven knows how many times I broke the bank and how much time I spend on research in PS and photography (not good for my day job :sweat:).

If you are just a casual shooter, get something on the lower end of the spectrum:
Nikon: D90, D40
Canon: 450, 1000.

That is if you narrow down between these two.
Otherwise Nightmare can guide you to Pentax.
Others: Sony, Fuji, Panasonic.

Last edited:
Welcome to CS....

Got talent dun need to buy DSLR alrd. Maybe u r indeed talented enuf to make one urself?

Dun let your talent go to waste. Maybe u can come up with better cameras than both Canon & Nikon? You never know if u dun try right? And prehaps u can name it DESLEY MKI? Sounds cool huh?

ROFL

YOU ARE SUPER WINS

z

To the T/S, talent is shown when you have something to show for eg Nightmare and Van as above.

I wanna add on! Scandal got talent oso! Saw ur Hazel series! Very good!

ROFL

YOU ARE SUPER WINS

z

Oh forgot to add... Need to put MKI behind cause people with talent dun stop at ONE, they are constantly coming up with products which are better n better.... Ok, this is Canon's context, For Nikon's context add a X behind....

Oh forgot to add... Need to put MKI behind cause people with talent dun stop at ONE, they are constantly coming up with products which are better n better.... Ok, this is Canon's context, For Nikon's context add a X behind....

can come up with new lenses also

D lens maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.