A Newbie has talent ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think TS seems to be a rather nice guy, taking pictures of his family and posting it here for all to review. I think his thread shoud be revised to 'A Newbie has passion'. Please go easy on him lah :angel:

Ahhhh, yes I agree with you.
All you need to start your photographic journey is an INTEREST in photography, and enough $$ to buy the equipment you think you'll need to get started. "Talent" is not necessary to be a hobbyist.
Ok I think the suan-ing has carried on far too long already. Am guilty of it myself.
TS, a bit of humility goes a long way. See how everyone picked on that one word.

If you're interested to capture stage performances at discos, etc, I reckon that you'll need QUITE A LOT of lighting gear. A standard D60 (or D90 or D300 for that matter) would be pretty ineffective, in my opinion. Maybe you'll need D700 + fast lens + SB900 + super-high ISO?

Hey ....

First up, I have done some read up (nothin indepth) to various brands ... and I have narrowed down to either a Canon or a Nikon.

Now I think I'm quite firm on a Nikon.

as for photography (is this how it shld be said?) .. I'm much into events, nite scenes, flashy (disco) lights, stage performances ...etc (as my current job is somehow linked to these)

........... and hopefully, I could somehow also, turn this hobby into a professional career.

P/s: When I meant I have talent, it means (I think) I can shoot some decently nice photos even without attending any basic photography courses. (which i intend to sign up soon when i land myself a DSL) ;p

hmm...i also nvr attend really any courses b4 wor....:bsmilie:

For newbie want to joint the money-game of dslr, be prepare to spend money for lenses,flash, tripod, dry box..etc.. for sure one will start with kits lens then, super zoom lens, then high grade lens, then crazy high price lens..etc

So be prepare!

For newbie want to joint the money-game of dslr, be prepare to spend money for lenses,flash, tripod, dry box..etc.. for sure one will start with kits lens then, super zoom lens, then high grade lens, then crazy high price lens..etc

So be prepare!

I have to disagree from my standpoint on this statement though... it doesn mean u have to spend loads of money to get the best equipment and stuff in order to get assignments... if you got no net working then u got the best equipment also no use... i have some frens who just only own like D40x with kit lens and one zoom lens but also do loads of event photography... if needed u can always rent your equipment..

So be prepare!

really ar..

up till now, i have not bought flash.. up till now, i have never touched super zoom lens, i also have nothing considered high grade lens.. :(

oh dear, i really noob. sob... i think i can only shoot goats..

really ar..

up till now, i have not bought flash.. up till now, i have never touched super zoom lens, i also have nothing considered high grade lens.. :(

I thought u already shot that???:bsmilie:

I thought u already shot that???:bsmilie:

i have not found the Great Big Goat and shot it with my 10-20 up close, because i cannot afford any expensive lens to shoot it from far..

everytime i reach its face, it turns around to show me its udders.. until i shoot its face, i will not rest

ok enough ot..

Good that you have decided to go for courses. Understand that you want to stick to Nikon... If Money not issue... Buy the D90 with 18~200/ 18~270/ and Practice, Critique, practice, Critique, practices....

Join a society/ club/ Forum if you intend to make this your life hobby/ Career. At some point.. it helps.... Sticking to shooting only family members will not help you grow...

All the best to your photographic journey.

Keep shooting.

Cheers.

Hey, that was what i think my budget can stretch (at most) - the D90! But I'm not sure about the 18~200 / 18~270, which is more suitable for a newbie? Of course like all would put it: if budget allow, get a better set! So I'm quite confused on this bit. Any help?

P/s: I noticed the nick: TS ... whats that?

really ar..

If you noob... many of us got to hide one corner and start scribbling 正 for many more years liao... hahaha... :sweat:

Hey, that was what i think my budget can stretch (at most) - the D90! But I'm not sure about the 18~200 / 18~270, which is more suitable for a newbie? Of course like all would put it: if budget allow, get a better set! So I'm quite confused on this bit. Any help?

P/s: I noticed the nick: TS ... whats that?

Go with D90 + kit lens will be a good start for you. ;)

ok, this one serious one. Not any of those suan-ing post.

Start with D90 and 18-105mm lens. It will be a good start. At 105mm, u will find that u do not find yourself wanting to turn that zoom ring anything more than what is suppose to be the max. At least that's for me. I do alot of walkabout. Think streets & landscape.

But for ur disco lights..... I think its better to take a step at a time. Generally outdoor photography is easier IMHO. Learn your camera before learning what u wanna shoot or what effects u hope to achieve.

Hope this helps!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.