A New Thing A Day

DylanHD

Jul 18, 2010
Sengkang
I was thinking this could be a very nice thread to share what newbies like us have learnt for the day which excite(s) us. Think experience-sharing. =) Let me start the ball rolling.

I was out shooting leisurely today for a seminar in a hall where the white balance got really screwed because of sunlight shining into the hall with the hall lightings altogether. No presets could give me the kind of colour rendition I wanted. Then I took my flip-out bounce card of the flash and started using custom WB and boy am I amazed! Well at least to me, it was something that I thought on my feet without any white paper around and I thought it will be something which will internalise.

How about yours? ;)

I was thinking this could be a very nice thread to share what newbies like us have learnt for the day which excite(s) us. Think experience-sharing. =) Let me start the ball rolling.

I was out shooting leisurely today for a seminar in a hall where the white balance got really screwed because of sunlight shining into the hall with the hall lightings altogether. No presets could give me the kind of colour rendition I wanted. Then I took my flip-out bounce card of the flash and started using custom WB and boy am I amazed! Well at least to me, it was something that I thought on my feet without any white paper around and I thought it will be something which will internalise.

How about yours? ;)

nice idea.. but shooting in RAW for me, so i don't need to worry abt WB settings when shooting..

great tip though~!

:sweatsm: .. this relates to my last weekend shoot. Packed up my gears the night before and headed early in the morning to Mandarin Orchid Garden hoping to shoot some macro and try out my newly purchased tripod.... what I learned that day was..."If you wanna bring your tripod out, please remember to bring the ball-head" .....:embrass: