A new subsection project suggestion for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
There's the "A Photo A Day" in CS for 2006.

Got a suggestion for 2007 subforum. How about a single subsection which users can only post 1 or a series of 3 (the series must link with each other in terms of composition!) of their best, ultimate, one-of-a-kind Magnum Opus photos in just 1 single post (accompanied by an optional short writeup on it). Thereafter, they are NOT ALLOWED TO POST anymore photos in that subsection for the entire year (in short: effectively 'banned' from posting in that particular subsection, but allowed to view).

I'm not suggesting on the 'stifling of creativity' but the purpose is to drive the entire CS to new heights as all of us here, think very hard before we shoot and post that 1 single photo that we deem as our very best photo (as we have only 1 single chance to do so for the entire year).

A photo a day may deem a little 'too taxing' for some, so in this way we can get people to start thinking before they shoot.

So, what say u guys? :thumbsup:

Maybe monthly theme with only 1 post allowed per member? 1 for the whole year maybe a little bit too much IMHO. Like that everyone will wait till end of year to see thier whole collection =p

Good idea.

But posting only 1 photo for the entire 2007 a bit too little leh....what if i posted one photo in Jan07 but later in Dec07 took another nicer one....then cannot post liao :sweat:

Look at it this way. U will think before u shoot and think before u post. ;p

raptor84, its not 'whole collection' per se. But rather 1 single photo which u think is the best of the best, cream of the crop, YOUR magnum opus of 2007. It can be of any genre, from landscape, macro, portraitures, artistic nudes (provided admins give the ok).

Either a series of 3 photos OR just 1 single photo.

This will encourage everyone to spend the entire year thinking what to shoot and put in every ounce of energy for that 1 single photo which they think they'll post, rather than machinegun their way thru the years and churning out 100s and 1000s of photos and end up having 'photo fatigue' where the 'value' of each photo probably won't last them more than 1yr.

The point is not really abt shooting 'too little' or what. But its to drive everyone to quality than quantity (which seems to be the case these days, esp with digital photography, everyone seems to machinegun thru everything).

yea but maybe what I thought was my best in May will no longer be the case in December when I somewhow managed to get THE ONE :D I can see what you mean about striving for quality though.

Maybe force every submission to be taken in slides only. That one machine gun will heart pain....

Status
Not open for further replies.