A New Nikon User

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjThugs

Nov 7, 2008
Singapore / Indonesia
hi..got my nikon D40x not long ago..am learning alot from this forum and hope to join some outings to learn from the old birds here...feel free to pm me to invite me along outings if permits...my gears are as of my signature..am thinking of investing in a 50mm F1.8

hi..got my nikon D40x not long ago..am learning alot from this forum and hope to join some outings to learn from the old birds here...feel free to pm me to invite me along outings if permits...my gears are as of my signature..am thinking of investing in a 50mm F1.8

Hi to u

welcome to clubsnap and do feel free to sign up for the many outings and gatherings organised by members from time to time. you could also sign up for paid sessions as well.

as for the 50/1.8, it's not a lens for everyone. if you can borrow one and have a run with it before deciding. if not it's quite affordable.

Welcome to CS

READ MORE --- if you searched for the older threads on this subject...
SHOOT more
Post more

you'll know that there are limitations for a AF lens used with the D40. See if you can live with it.

Hi, is it because the f/1.8 is not an auto focus lens? a bit confused here...

It is AF on the other bodies, but the D40 and D60's does not have a focusing motor to turn the focusing screw on the lens. Thus you can only MF with these AF or AF-D lenses.

You can only AF with AF-S lenses which has a focusing motor built into the lens.

It is AF on the other bodies, but the D40 and D60's does not have a focusing motor to turn the focusing screw on the lens. Thus you can only MF with these AF or AF-D lenses.

You can only AF with AF-S lenses which has a focusing motor built into the lens.

If you are interested in getting a 50mm, suggest you wait for the new AFS 50mm to come out.

http://www.nikon.com.sg/announcementarticle.php?announcementid=104-59d702e2b5

When coming out???? -> Should be around X'mas time.

This new prime lens was designed for use for the D40, D40x and D60 cameras which require AFS lenses in order to get the AF to work.

thanks for the info and welcoming guys...well..i'd sign up on outings..but if u guys ever organise...do invite me..haha...thanks

hey dude, looks like we got the same rig! well, almost. cheers.. maybe we could get together for some shoots and go for coffee dude!

hey thugs, sorry havent contact u to meet up at 201. haha. i got the 50mm, can lend u to try first if u want :)

welcome, brother. my warning to you- Clubsnap is addictive, browsing at your own risk.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

cheers.

welcome, brother. my warning to you- Clubsnap is addictive, browsing at your own risk.:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

cheers.

hahahhaa agree with it...

just cant stop bbb!

hey dude, looks like we got the same rig! well, almost. cheers.. maybe we could get together for some shoots and go for coffee dude!
no problem...contact me at 923735999 or add me on msn at brendantherock@hotmail.com

and enjoy your flight:bsmilie:
i'll enjoy it...i have 2 hobbies..and enough to kill me...my love for guitars has killed me alot..now into photography..sigh..and i aint talking about those cheap epiphone or squiers..haha

hey thugs, sorry havent contact u to meet up at 201. haha. i got the 50mm, can lend u to try first if u want :)
i dun mind if u wanna lend me try..haha...but do meet up soon..i'd rather meet a new friend than just have a new lens to try..cheers dude...my contact is above..add me and contact me soon..take care..

Status
Not open for further replies.