A new life

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Vida

Oct 1, 2008
3497310746_047c7e2a54.jpg

in what area is critique to be sought?
How is the composition and the placement of the subject.
under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I'm walking on the walkway, suddenly my friend shouted to ask me not to step on the plant. So i decided, i'll shoot it!
what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think this picture really brings out the "new life" Since the floor tiles are very vintage.

I like this - the centralized composition and overflowing light from the background to the edges of the plant gives a pristine feel to it. Plant seems slightly out of focus though, would have been perfect if it were really sharp compared to the background.

I would have tried to go lower abit more
or u could have shoot at a lower angle and wide angle to show that this plant is not where its suppose to be because you said you didnt see it so you could use a wideangle shot to express its placement in a walkway/indoor .Not really sure if you understand me

Last edited:
I would have tried to go lower abit more
or u could have shoot at a lower angle and wide angle to show that this plant is not where its suppose to be because you said you didnt see it so you could use a wideangle shot to express its placement in a walkway/indoor .Not really sure if you understand me

Cannot get any lower, kneeling on the road already, but thanks. :bsmilie:

I like the idea. if it was me, I would have lied stomach down on the floor to get a slightly lower angle that will show more floor and emphasize the "new life"

Cheers!

Thanks. :)

Cannot get any lower, kneeling on the road already, but thanks. :bsmilie:

your cam has live view right? you can either lie down or use live view for the low angle.
I felt that that background top corner abit distracting...anyway, nice try! :)

I like the idea. if it was me, I would have lied stomach down on the floor to get a slightly lower angle that will show more floor and emphasize the "new life"

Cheers!

agreed. someone once told me that if you refuse to actually go all out to take a picture of a subject, you might as well not take the shot at all. I'm talking about situations whereby you definitely know that you'll achieve a better shot from an eye-level of the subject, in this case a plant, and you refuse to do it just because you do not want to dirty your jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.