A new life

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Vida

Oct 1, 2008

in what area is critique to be sought?
How is the composition and the placement of the subject.
under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I'm walking on the walkway, suddenly my friend shouted to ask me not to step on the plant. So i decided, i'll shoot it!
what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think this picture really brings out the "new life" Since the floor tiles are very vintage.

foreword

Apr 14, 2009
I like this - the centralized composition and overflowing light from the background to the edges of the plant gives a pristine feel to it. Plant seems slightly out of focus though, would have been perfect if it were really sharp compared to the background.

lamergod

Feb 9, 2009
Fratton Park, Portsmouth
I would have tried to go lower abit more
or u could have shoot at a lower angle and wide angle to show that this plant is not where its suppose to be because you said you didnt see it so you could use a wideangle shot to express its placement in a walkway/indoor .Not really sure if you understand me

Last edited:

La Vida

Oct 1, 2008
I would have tried to go lower abit more
or u could have shoot at a lower angle and wide angle to show that this plant is not where its suppose to be because you said you didnt see it so you could use a wideangle shot to express its placement in a walkway/indoor .Not really sure if you understand me
Cannot get any lower, kneeling on the road already, but thanks. :bsmilie:

lyanlex

Apr 15, 2009
I like the idea. if it was me, I would have lied stomach down on the floor to get a slightly lower angle that will show more floor and emphasize the "new life"

Cheers!

Nov 22, 2006
Cannot get any lower, kneeling on the road already, but thanks. :bsmilie:
your cam has live view right? you can either lie down or use live view for the low angle.
I felt that that background top corner abit distracting...anyway, nice try! :)

Moruzawa

Jun 2, 2008
I like the idea. if it was me, I would have lied stomach down on the floor to get a slightly lower angle that will show more floor and emphasize the "new life"

Cheers!
agreed. someone once told me that if you refuse to actually go all out to take a picture of a subject, you might as well not take the shot at all. I'm talking about situations whereby you definitely know that you'll achieve a better shot from an eye-level of the subject, in this case a plant, and you refuse to do it just because you do not want to dirty your jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom