A Moving Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosu_John,

I just want to know if the lighting for left and right side are indeed so dramatically different? It seems very unnatural....

Hi Gosu John,

The picture looks fine to me. Just the title needs a bit of work. I would call it "An uncertain Singapore" Don't know if that works for you. I would spin this picture if there was an article about the gloomy Singapore economy. Cheers!

eikin: no worries :)

globalshooer: thank you for the comments, I shall work on the S curve in future more.

tucker: I'm not sure about the issue of details lacking but sometimes i remove details to shift the focus elsewhere within the picture frame

denniskee: thank you for the valuable information, I now understand ND filters much better! :)

shojibake: it is interesting for you to include scale in the discussion of this photo, I have for some time felt that scale plays a large factor in the success of a photo. finally someone to identify with!

nemesis32: I am as puzzled as you are, on my monitor the differences are not so pronounced, but after viewing it on a CRT monitor, the difference in lighting is indeed huge! I am puzzled, really puzzled!

hazmee: when I first shot this, I did not have any intention of making it a gloomy or negative one. however it seems the photo has given such a feeling to many people, perhaps a mistake on my portion. what I wanted to create was a sense of movement and abstractness and solemness.

thank you all for your comments! I am touched by the number of replies from my first posting, it encourages me and I will definetly continue to post more here! any more comments on how to improve are more than welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.