Some Info:
Camera: Canon PowerShot A620
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1000)
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 17.3 mm
Focal Length: 0, 0, 0, 250
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: 80

I'm drawing a blank here. Why is the two rows of chair, resting on a bench, right in front of a wooden pole, by the seaside resemble or showed the title "a moment of silence please"?

Title and photo does not match.

agreed. i do not understand. the title "a moment of silence" gives me the impression that something bad has happened....

haha, just tot that it looked like the chairs had their heads bowed down. Like they were saying grace. Not easy to give the picture a fitting name though.

Do not understand the story .... :confused:

Western values and believes... It takes does some knowledge in such to understand this image.

Know what you are getting at.;)
Maybe try a b&w version of it?:)

Thanks for your comments. But just for a moment there i thought that i was the only one who thought the pic was interesting.

Grimes, will try a b&w pic of it, see how it looks. But when i took the shot, i though the garish colours were quite interesting.

hwchoy, nopes, no arrangement on my part. Picture was taken at tioman, walking along the beach, lined with shops. This deserted shop that nobody seemed to patronise, everything was arranged as it should be. :) (ps. Actually, dunno how to arrange!!!)

Cheers!

i get what u are trying achieve.... maybe a different angle or a wider shot may work better....
just a newbie comment
;)

Try taking without the pole in the middle with a peaceful sea may help achieve the title's meaning ;)

sorry to say but it doesn't work for me...the impact of the pic is not there...nothing really catch my attention when i first look at the pic...:think:

well hey i think its a pretty interesting picture, and your title sort of hints as to how you interprete the scene.

its like having a priest or someone presiding over a solemn event with the people and their heads bowed down, yes?

that's the feeling i get when i see both the title and the picture together. great catch!
((=

Status
Not open for further replies.