:: a moment in time ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazer

Nov 6, 2003
sg
www.jazerstudio.com
A fleeting moment in time where the world seems like just 2 lovers in one space, a memory that will last a lifetime.

comment critics are welcomed.
moment.jpg

heh heh J... finally started taking pictures in large scale already huh.. ;)

I like this shot but the cropping can be improved. The Main draw is not the scenery but the couple underneath the tree. So showing more here is not exactly a nice thing, esp the unwanted areas on the right side.

I like the use of perspective here. the faraway look yet the 2 persons remain as the primary focus. Very nicely done. Now it's the postprocess work to enhance it.

Instead
1) crop away the right side to isolate the focus on the tree and the couple. (nicely framed by that small natural arch from the branches btw:))
2) Use dodging and burning to further isolate the foreground interest from the back ground.
3) the contrast and the b&w tonality is a little weaker here so bump them up man..

*PS: where's your usual sepia tones? heh heh

I concur with sniperd,
i think this shot will look much better if you isolate the tree and couple by cropping away the right side.

excellent feed back guys .. thanks for taking the time to view and comment/critic .. i will go back to the drawing board for this one i guess =D ...

i always say - if 1 person tells u , it might be an opinion . If 2 people tell u the same thing , something must be there .. If 3 people tell you the same thing .. its confirmed!

any more people feel the same? ;)

Jazer said:
excellent feed back guys .. thanks for taking the time to view and comment/critic .. i will go back to the drawing board for this one i guess =D ...

i always say - if 1 person tells u , it might be an opinion . If 2 people tell u the same thing , something must be there .. If 3 people tell you the same thing .. its confirmed!

any more people feel the same? ;)

yep, me too jazer... :)

hi, i also feel the same. rule of 3rd not suitable here :)

Jazer;

mate, this isn't one of your better shots. Can't really see how the title ties in with the shot although i could venture i guess but that wouldn't be fair to you. I like how the light drops off from the subject, which does in some way emphasizes on the main subject but there are too much other trees in the background to really have the main subject stand out.

Never mind, you are in the land fertile with landscapes, beautiful sunsets and portrait subjects. ;) I am sure you have what it takes to bring it out. :)

Keep shooting!

Thanks so much for your kind comments/critics .. Its all very much appreciated. ;) and yeah its not one of my better shots .. that's why i posted it up here .. cos i felt "iffy" about this one..

6 people , Guess that kinda confirmes it .. hahah.. :bsmilie:
I swear man , i'm so itchy to go and shoot some portraits .. but i gotta find "victims" and start networking from scatch. So it all ain't that rosy here :cry:

Brilliant.

is this a posed picture?
if not wow u were really at the right place, right time.
and they were also in the right position with right lighting too :D

clive said:
he just likes the photo lor :)

hmm.. tot he refering to my crapping about have to start netwrokign again .. heheh..

Hey what do u guys think abt this one ..I knoe this is like the most photographed site in the world.. but just thought i would try my hand at it!
tell me what u think ..

02_small.jpg

ziedrich said:
is this a posed picture?
if not wow u were really at the right place, right time.
and they were also in the right position with right lighting too :D

Not posed ;)

that's why i posted it here for comments and critics .. Lucky i guess :embrass:

the sydney one a bit too vertically long already...nonetheless everything else looks not bad

Jazer said:
Not posed ;)

that's why i posted it here for comments and critics .. Lucky i guess :embrass:

ah! what a moment. like the big tree. thought it might be better in the centre too. congrats.

i like the sydney one.. love how the gradient of the sky leads in to the opera house pointing back into it.. delicious use of space :)

Jazer said:
hmm.. tot he refering to my crapping about have to start netwrokign again .. heheh..

Hey what do u guys think abt this one ..I knoe this is like the most photographed site in the world.. but just thought i would try my hand at it!
tell me what u think ..

02_small.jpg

heh heh.. this is on form babe... nice one! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: babez..

Still lookin forward to seein ur human shots though.. No cute chicks yet? ;)

Eh.. Nevermind.. Take more cute guys for me in the meantime.. (p/s: age isn't the issue. Distance is. But eyecandy overcomes everythin.. keh keh keh keh)

Status
Not open for further replies.