A man, a pigeon and a signboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfly

Feb 12, 2006
Jurong West
Came across this cute smiley man on a bench and took this shot.

What I'd like to know is :

1. Is the composition ok?
2. How will you shoot/crop this scene?

Any other comments/criticisms/advice welcome. (please be gentle... :sweat: )

8d12374d.jpg

what's the relation between the old man and the sign? when you have two subjects at opposite ends of the frame the mind automatically looks for a comparision.

i like the picture overall. the wall's fantastic, love the scale of things but a tradeoff on the size of the old man. composition has a whimsical tone about it, certainly not one of the routine photos seen here. good catch.

foxtwo said:
what's the relation between the old man and the sign? when you have two subjects at opposite ends of the frame the mind automatically looks for a comparision.

i like the picture overall. the wall's fantastic, love the scale of things but a tradeoff on the size of the old man. composition has a whimsical tone about it, certainly not one of the routine photos seen here. good catch.

Thanks for the comments!

Too bad the sign is in Japanese and I don't understand a word of it... but to me, I think the sign probably says something about the past/history of the place because it is somewhere near the Imperial Palace in Japan (I just hope it isn't some do not litter sign... :bsmilie: ). If that is the case, then there is a relation in a sense that the old man seems to have his own story to tell too. The wall itself depicts ancient times and adds to the mood of the picture.

As for the pigeon, it goes back a long way in time as well and was used as messenger birds.

Hope I make sense here. ;p

Anyway, I'm just glad you liked it. :)

I think this shot is very interesting. :)

What I would do is to clone away the untidy stuff on the bench. Think it's the man's stuff.
Then I'd crop off the top to give it a panoramic view. Think that would improve the general feel. :)

I LIKE IT!!! in black and white would look nicer, due to the over glaring colours.

satay16 & nottipiglet : Thanks for your kind words and suggestions. Will experiment with it to see the results. But I usually will not clone away stuff unless it is really necessary.

Hmmm. i can't relate the subject into your picture.

Perhaps the subjects are too far apart and express no relations.

Status
Not open for further replies.