a little help.

jarrylaunt

Jun 11, 2010
hey guys!
i have read up about Pentax K-X and i am very interested in getting 1. however, im not too sure which kit should i go for? im not too sure if this question have been posted before, if yes, i apologised. and got no idea what is the difference? ahha. thanks for your help!

i read finish the whole thing already. but no idea on the lens kits

Lens kit is the len given to you when you buy with the camera, (as a kit).

Lens kit usually are 18.-55?

i dont get to choose? ahhaa. sorry, stupid question.

just normal uses. :D

hahah thanks ar!

hahahha. wa, like that ar... mmm, because im a beginner.

hahahha. wa, like that ar... mmm, because im a beginner.

Alamak then i suggest you get the 18-55 kit first.If you think you need the extra reach,then get a 2nd hand 50-200 or 55-300 lor...

yea thanks so much for your help! :D

bear with us... reason why pple asking you what u intending to use it for is because K-X comes in 3 different package.

• Body + 18-55
  • Body + 18-55 & 50-200
  • Body + 18-55 & 55-300

there is really no such thing as "normal use"... everybody's "normal" is different :bsmilie:

i believe your "normal" is that this is your first DSLR and you are just experimenting right?

if that is the case and if u have budget, over-engineer a bit and get the kit with the 55-300. then you will be covered from 18mm to 300mm and u can explore how to use them. its also good value for money.

the 55-300 has decent resale value also... if u find yourself not using it much, its quite easy to sell and free up cash for other lenses u might consider later.

I can almost gaurantee that as this thread gets longer, the more confused you will get :bsmilie:

May I recommend this. If your budget allows, get the the 18-55mm & the 50-200mm kit. If not, then just get the 18-55mm. With this, you are set to learn & explore the world of DSLR photography. Then slowly over say a period of 12 months, you will begin to realize which focal length fits your style, what type of pics you like to take - e.g. is it landscape, street, potrait, events, sports etc etc. You can then upgrade as required.

There is no need to rush. And maybe you find that DSLR is not for you. No problem as it won't cost you too much to exit.

Keep in mind that both kit lenses are very good. Good Luck with your purchase.

Last edited:
it's really up to you

you can start with the kit lens.. after all, it's cheap, and even if you don't use it later on and can't sell it, it's good for IR.

thankyou everybody!! :D i guess i will just do with the 18-55! thanks for your help! :D

+1 to zoom3's suggestion. :thumbsup:
I think it makes sense to get the DAL 18-55mm & at least the DAL 50-200mm combination as these two lenses should be able to cover easily 90% of most shooting situations.
Everything from landscapes, group shots, portraits, to close-ups can be covered by either of the two lenses.