A little enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiLLy-LucifeR

Jun 3, 2007
Yishun
willy-lucifer.deviantart.com
is it a norm for a camera to experience fluctuations in colours, especially under cool fluorescent light?

i noticed in my viewfinder tt e color, particularly tt of skin tones, tend to fluctuate when shone under fluorescent lightings. i've been wondering if this's common among cameras? as i've similar encounters using a few cameras so far.

think its because of the frequency of the flourescent lights.. shooting at a slower shutter speed ought to fix the problem..

Learn to understand the term White Balance. And how to deal with it. There should be a section in the camera's manual on this too.

Waitaminute, in-camera if you are using Auto WB and have not done custom WB or correct WB setting, yes, the skin tones will fluctuate by means of lighting. The camera is not as versatile as the human eye when it comes to Auto-correction at this stage of technology, usually.

However, you state that it is through the viewfinder that you notice the skin tone change - would be best if you clarify what you mean.. Because if you are using a DSLR, what you see through the viewfinder is what your eyes see, and your eyes should see the correct skin tone! Unless of course, you are using a prosumer with an electronic viewfinder, then it should be that. ;)

ahhh, i see.

thanks guys, for the insightful answers. n yup, i'm using a bridge/prosumer camera with an EVF. so i guess tt explains the fluctuation phenomenum. =]

Prosumers do have White Balance functions. With flavours like Sunny, Cloudy, Tungsten and Fluorescent. And AutoWB of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.