A Lion's Roar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Thai Bean

Dec 14, 2003
The 3rd Rock
beansproutpics.zenfolio.com
Pano.jpg

First time posting in the Nature sub-forum ... hope to get some valuable pointers from everyone.

Had the chance to visit Kruger National Park over the December holidays and tried my skills at some nature and wildlife shots ... theis is just one of the few pics that I captured ... Many more still in the HDD waiting to be processed ...

Caught this lion resting along the road (literally only about 10m from my car) in the early hours of the morning ... He was warming hiself up on the road and was not too bothered by me taking photos of him ... The rest of the pride was nowhere to be seen near him ... so only got photos of him ...

Comments and pointers to improve are most welcome ....

RGDs

look more like a yawn than a roar
;)
just a comment, no offend intended...:angel:

It's a yawn.
But still great shoots! Like the lighting.:thumbsup:

Great shots - I like the transition of the lion's yawning actions. Bravo!;)

the 2nd pic seems like he's gonna sneeze ...
ahhhh .... chooo

projekts said:
look more like a yawn than a roar
;)
just a comment, no offend intended...:angel:

evq said:
It's a yawn.
But still great shoots! Like the lighting.:thumbsup:

Thanks ... projekts and evq ....
Come to think of it .... its prob a yawn cos i couldn't hear much sound even at about 10m away .... Guess I was too excited to get the series of shots ....

RGDs

raptor84 said:
Very ncie series. The warm lighing is great too :)
These shots were captured just after sunrise ... at about 530+am in the morning ... The sun came above the trees just to hit the subject nicely ... i was just lucky to be there at the correct timing ...

I was in the car watching and shooting him for at least a good 20mins before he decided to get up and walk away back into the bushes .... I got some full budy shots that were done with a 28-105 lens ... will post some later.

RGDs

Great pictures. Wish I was there! Only improvement might be in the composition. Anyway to crop the pictures such that the head is not almost dead centre?

Good shooting! Was in South Africa for tour last Dec, had safari drive at Mabula Game Reserve...
Lions were waaayy out there, 800m to 1km distant, din get any clear shots.. So :thumbsup: to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.