A learning attempt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
Here's a feeble attempt at Photoshop. Any comments on how to improve is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

m1.jpg

Sorry for the low res compression.

I like it! Well done for the post processing!:)
Only thing I feel might be better is, use a standard lens instead of wide angle, looks more natural:)

Only thing I feel might be better is, use a standard lens instead of wide angle, looks more natural:)

Yes Sir! :bsmilie: thanks for the input :)

Nice work on PS, bro. :thumbsup: But photo wise, I will prefer to see the front part of her right shoe.

Mind giving a brief description on what you did to this photo? Is your intention to highlight the upper part of the model?

What is being well done here? Care to elaborate? The focus of the photo is on her stomach is it? If so, then its good. Does such lighting exist? She looks like she has some unnatural glow here.

Having said these, you can still use this effect as your pesonal unique style. Just pointing out my point of view.

What is being well done here? Care to elaborate? The focus of the photo is on her stomach is it? If so, then its good. Does such lighting exist? She looks like she has some unnatural glow here.

Having said these, you can still use this effect as your pesonal unique style. Just pointing out my point of view.

That's surely a problem...

I like the way he added the graininess to the pic, the darkening of the surrounding, and basically to change the shot to B/W with good tones. I believe Chris didnt do any localised tonal adjustment, hence the stomach area might be a little higher in exposure becos of the fabric colour. Well this area in post processing he can certainly improve on.:)

Armageddon : Thanks for your input for the photo. You're right that this kind of lighting is non existent. How ever Like i mention. it was a feeble attempt at photoshopping an image bearing in mind the goal of trying to add more character to the image. The higher exposed stomach area is due to the fabric colour. I guess maybe dodging the face might make it stand out more? If i burn the tummy area, the whole image would probably start to look flat to me. You're right, i am trying to find a style. So its good to hear comments like yours. Thanks for the input again.

Modelinn: Thanks bro for the encouragment. I'll try to work and try harder on the other images.

David_goh: Hey bro, its quite a long process. Maybe next kopi or sth i show you how i did it? :)

Feeble or not it doesn't matter. I'm only interested in the photo. Dodging the face doesn't help at all. Modelinn has given you some hints on how to do it. Understand the meaning of localised adjustment. Good attempt and effort on creativity.

Thanks for the feedback. will see what i can do with the rst of the images.

m2.jpg

Is this any better? :dunno:

Hmmm....let see what you've done....

The focus is still not on the face yet. Brought up the shadow too much for my liking. Revealed even more flaws like brush strokes. Take ur time to adjust in future. Look at her right hand. Yeaks. Its not working. Don't rush. Rushing doesn't help. Continue have fun taking photos and trying PPing :D

:D Thanks for the pointers.

Interesting composition. I like the post processing too... adds to the drama.

microcosm : Thanks :D

modelinn : Okie! thanks alot bro! ;)

Like ur PP feel too, vry dramatic :lovegrin:
Of course nitpick is the burnout abs but you alrdy achieve >80% what you trying to present
Well done & dun give up, k? ;)

Thanks Jix and Horizon Gazer. :) you're very kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.