a lamp light

Status
Not open for further replies.

psylence

Oct 16, 2008
psylence-words.livejournal.com
lamplight.jpg

1. I wanna find out what you guys think about the feel of the work, composition or otherwise
2. I was looking for a sense of something that its beyond the eyes of what we see and searching for angles that we do not usually explore...
3. I really wanted something special...a feel of difference of sorts...the color of the sky working in favour, in stark contrast to the tree branches...and den to the lamp itself.
4. I really like this picture alot...especially the angle.;p

great!

exposure of light and evening sky just nice. blue and orange, nice compliments. DOF and details are also good.

some comments/ideas:

1. better branches frame the lamp and not cut into it. but of course if you want the lamp straight up, there is little manoeuvre room. Unless there are more lamp posts under big trees elsewhere along the path.

2. more tree trunk on right to balance the vertical post

3. dark patch on lower left - branch? - not contributing to picture.

4. lamppost be a diagonal.

i think this looks pretty cool. i really don't notice this often.

i have to agree. it might be nicer with lesser big bulky branches cutting in.
if the big branches could frame the pin head, that would be great.
small branches with the leaves make a wallpaper backdrop. what if they were more blurred out?
do you mind if i suggest a drastic crop to compare.? here's my crop suggestion. you could try for a portrait crop. cut out the bottom part of the lamp post too. so you get the pin head somewhere is first half of the portrait. oh i just tried that, not as cool as this. haha

I actually thought the background would make a killer photo. The lamp post is just too much a distraction.

agreed. especially when the leaves and branches fill up the whole frame.

Hmm.. not sure if this will be interesting...

instead of lamp post, take a shot from a similar angle but up the trunk of the tree.

For the 'light effect', try to catch a glimpse of the moon through the canopy.

Think it's possible to get a faint shot of the moon in the evening while there's still some light in the sky, but whether it can be done will depend on the location.

I love the fractals shown by the tree. Good capture!

I may prefer to compose the lamp post diagonally though.

I love the colour and angle..
Good Job there..!!

But I felt the Bottom Left and Top Right is kinda distraction...
Would be better to remove it...

Keep the good pix coming...

IMHO, i think this image is too static. If only the lampost tilted will show interesting image.

...something is odd about this picture. Its too...normal.
You said you wanted to show a different perspective, see the common item from a new angle. While you achieved that, it somehow doesn't look special. In fact, if you had left the lamp post out, the branches themselves would have been enough.

If you wished to keep the lamp post, could have kept it at the 1/3 position, or, like many before me said, diagonal.
however, diagonals have been done to death too...
But a diagonal from the top left or top right would have looked pretty good.
The perspective is nice, angle needs a change...but that's just my opinion.

Also, if you try to take this pic late in the evening, you can try boosting up your Fstops and lower the shutter speed, would get a nice starry effect from the light of the lamppost..may ruin the pic, may improve it...no idea unless you try :)

Hi psylence,

I thought the angle and concept of this shot is good. In fact, the circular object seems to resemble an eyeball. It will be good if it's bigger in size since the object loses its significance in this shot when compared to its surrounding. You might like to crop the outer area of this shot so as to make the object more prominent. Try it and see. =)

Hi psylence,

I thought the angle and concept of this shot is good. In fact, the circular object seems to resemble an eyeball. It will be good if it's bigger in size since the object loses its significance in this shot when compared to its surrounding. You might like to crop the outer area of this shot so as to make the object more prominent. Try it and see. =)

Hahaha! alrite! thx for the suggestion, i try it work it out... =D

Love the color and the branch map! But would it be better if the lamp post extends from bottom-corner all the way up? Got something like that to share? Just looking for comparison :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.