A kid in a pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2008

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Overall feeling/message when looking at the photo. Technical-side comments are welcomed too.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
None. It was a spontaneous shot at a random time in a random place.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I was wandering around in town when I saw this kid playing in some floor-fountain (water shoots out of holes from floor). I took out my camera and took a photo.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I thought I did okay for a random shot. I tried converting it into black and white, but the result was a disaster. My post processing skill suck.

Nov 23, 2007
It will be better without the pair of fat legs behind ... :)

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi
Even in spontaneous shots, one should be hoping to tell a story or bring a message across. I don't see what would bring you to say that you do not hope to achieve anything.

Jul 14, 2007
Even in spontaneous shots, one should be hoping to tell a story or bring a message across. I don't see what would bring you to say that you do not hope to achieve anything.
Thats a great reminder.

1- Best if there had been some eye contact, or at least facial expression - joy, confused, happy, sad?
2- Challenge you to get the shot just before the water hit his face / hand. The focus would be on his hand only. Of course thats a different take already; no more spontaneous, but with a distinct purposeful shot.
3 - Its not a pool, its a fountain. Titles are very much as important as the subject itself.

Sep 18, 2007
serangoon
it would be nice if you shot the whole body and maybe the 'mouth' of the fountain. yes, it would be better if there was eye contact

Mar 18, 2008
Pasir Ris
www.friendster.com
I think a person's calfs are in the photo! Pretty obvious ;) The kid's face cant really be seen. Looks like just another random photo to me. Could change the tittle to "a kid in a fountain"? My thoughts aye :)

tjhan

Feb 11, 2007
Similar in idea to many of the photos exhibited at Vivocity when it first opened, as part of a competitition. But those were far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom