A good Photograph, what do u attribute it to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Since the number of factors attributing to a good photo is pretty diverse, basically I'd cut it to 4 major factors:

- Technical (which means ur knowledge of aperture, shutter, ISO, their relationship & their appropriate usage)
- Skill (which means compositional abilities)
- Luck (of being at the right place @ right time or that lucky shot after machine gunning ur way thru)
- Equipment (you know)

I'd personally attribute the factors to a good photo to the following ratio:
10% equipment, 20% technical, 60% skill, 10% luck

Since the number of factors attributing to a good photo is pretty diverse, basically I'd cut it to 4 major factors:

- Technical (which means ur knowledge of aperture, shutter, ISO, their relationship & their appropriate usage)
- Luck (of being at the right place @ right time or that lucky shot after machine gunning ur way thru)
- Equipment (you know)

If you equate luck = opportunities, then my equation is:

1. 90% Luck
2. 9% skill (+ technical)
3. 1% equipment

Most of the luck should be channeled thru Skill. Preparation work is a skill. Preparation is actually luck in progress. Lucky Luck should be 10% of luck, and preparation the other 90% of it.

Fort Minor - Remember The Name said:
This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
While this is from the lyrics of a song, I think it is quite applicable! ;)

:think: 1% equipment/skill/technical, 99% luck.. just buy the fastest and most expensive camera out there with 8 or 12fps..(eqpt), then know who to use it (technical) and look professional in it (skill, acting skill) then whack rapid fire MG style. that's where 90% luck comes in and "I hope I got the shot." :bsmilie::bsmilie:

1 event if whack 15K shots I think should be able to churn out 500 'ok' pics I guess :bsmilie:

No leh, keepers only around 10-20% of shots leh, unless you are very careful. (Remembering my Film days) ;-p

- Equipment (you know)

Want a keeper, you need technique and skill.

Want a keeper that other CSer would rave, you need technique, skill and equipment.

Want those that can win award, and make your name resound through the ages, you only need luck. To be where the action is, the equipment to take it, and the presence of mind to compose and make settings.

Want a keeper, you need technique and skill.

Want a keeper that other CSer would rave, you need technique, skill and equipment.

Want those that can win award, and make your name resound through the ages, you only need luck. To be where the action is, the equipment to take it, and the presence of mind to compose and make settings.
Den I must be damn low on the luck factor.

Joined so many, won nuts. But help ppl to win, quite a number of times. :bsmilie:

after reading a few more posts.. i changed my mind.. i think all one needs is 100% luck.

light is 100% important

a great photo with lousy light looks lousy and dull
while a lousy subject with great light will look nice

:think: 1% equipment/skill/technical, 99% luck.. just buy the fastest and most expensive camera out there with 8 or 12fps..(eqpt), then know who to use it (technical) and look professional in it (skill, acting skill) then whack rapid fire MG style. that's where 90% luck comes in and "I hope I got the shot." :bsmilie::bsmilie:

1 event if whack 15K shots I think should be able to churn out 500 'ok' pics I guess :bsmilie:
Your camera will die super fast... :bsmilie: And your flashes too...

80% skill
20% equipment

my technical and skill are lousy :embrass: , so >70% is luck, 15% equipment.

i say 30% equipment, 50% luck, 20% oppounity

better equipments makes it easier for u to achieve a good photo

Luck is a must.. no luck u see the thing u raise ur camera and piak battery flat

oppounity is the open gap where u can stick ur lens thru and take a shot

缘分到了, 挡也挡不了

when it comes, it comes :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.