A glimpse of Tanjung Pinang

Status
Not open for further replies.

bja

Nov 28, 2002
Singapore!
www.flickr.com
Actually, this place is in Bintan but I think it's not the place that most people visit in Bintan. We had a company retreat at this place and thought I'd share some shots of this place.... It's quite interesting and it's a beach resort by the sea but we stayed in really traditional huts...

Feel free to comment and critique..

Before set off
532652565_06b5329e15.jpg

Parked side by side
540973443_e9cd68463e.jpg

Rustic rudder
532652575_5ab03f9b22.jpg

532652581_f3f78f2827.jpg

532652591_42a8965e42.jpg

Watching the sunrise
540976075_05cc8fc60d.jpg

Relaxing by the sunset
532609468_b08aa31f22.jpg

This is actually in front of our "dorms" and we can just walk right into the sea... The interesting thing is that the sea level is almost the same throughout! We kayaked all the way to the far island in this pic and hahahah the water level is still almost the same :p

no 3 pic is my fav.. b&w sky :thumbsup:

Nice !! One ...

Love the Pano of sunrise

Hi Love sky,

Thanks for your kind comments :) Yea... the sunrise is really beautiful.... but it was a pity that we couldn't get a clear break water coz it was a little cloudy.... but think it was still worth it :) didn't waste my effort in waking up _super_ early that day hahahah

the 'rustic rudder' picture is done with post-process right? the tone is nice =)

by the way, care to share how to get the resort? it seems a nice place.

Hi LENS,

Thanks for your kind comments :) Yes it is done with PP.. Just played around with levels and colour balance I think..

Ya this place is quite interesting.. It's the Loola Resort in Bintan. Here's the website for it. It has quite some activities and I did the flying fox and kayaking there.... Also opted to stay in the traditional huts that you saw in the pics.

But I need to warn you that it's non aircon and we put mosquito patches as well. It's windy in the evening so actually dun really need the aircon. They also have mosquito nets around the beds so should be ok lah. If you really need the aircon, they have a airconditioned facility that quite nice as well but it's a bus ride away :)

just adding 1 more pano...

more of sunset..
540992197_538e37d74e.jpg
this is really nice... would love to pin it on my wall man ... only thing i find the sky not very natural after the ps .. still, it gives ppl a relaxing feeling.. just reminds me how long since my last holiday

Hi tionghan,

Thanks for your comments! I actually only did some levels and saturation on this pic.... maybe I put too much saturation but I remember the sky that day being almost similar :p anyway will watch that... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.