A Gleam of Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

prec85

Aug 21, 2008
1.in what area is critique to be sought?

I will like feedback on post processing techniques and any other areas that can be improved.
I have not done much post processing as I don't know what could be done to enhance this picture.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

To be able to portray a gleam of hope admist the darkness.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

I woke up late for work and while packing up my bag, i noticed the unique cloud pattern and couldn't resist but to take a shot of it. This picture was taken in the morning.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

This is my first time doing a sky shot so i'm rather pleased to be able to capture such unique cloud patterns. Feel free to comment on my shot so that i can improve.

3610142540_2fdf7590a6.jpg

I can see why you couldn't resist taking a shot of this. Though it hasn't the strong vivid colors and lights of a typical sunrise/sunset image, the almost uniformed formation of the clouds give it a somewhat abstract feel.

Unfortunately, the lack of contrast have let this image down. There isn't any strong light in the scene for your idea to come across. My suggestion is to push the curve during post processing to get some contrasts out of the clouds.

To be able to portray a gleam of hope admist the darkness.
I don't feel anything in relation to that.

I woke up late for work and while packing up my bag, i noticed the unique cloud pattern and couldn't resist but to take a shot of it. This picture was taken in the morning.
Correct,it was more of a snapshot. Sometimes, something extraordinary we witness lacks energy and interest when translated to a photograph.

Sky shots are at times difficult to justify. This one lacks two elements; colours and contrasts. I must say the cloud patterns are not captivating enough. Perhaps, having birds in flight would be able to add some kinda interest to this. Having foregrounds would add character too.

This is plain and flat, I believe.

prec85.jpg

i cropped the image for composition to focus on the ray of light which i added
darkened the sky to contrast with the ray of light
then added the frame to hold everything together

that is about all i can think of with your image

prec85.jpg

i cropped the image for composition to focus on the ray of light which i added
darkened the sky to contrast with the ray of light
then added the frame to hold everything together