A Garden up North

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Dear fellow CSers,

some pics i took during a trip to one of the parks up north. can recognise the place? ;)

1. Flowers in the wind
93401172_1d493dedd6.jpg

2. Place of Solitude
93401174_466a0aeba4.jpg

3. Walk down memory lane
93402923_de1bc2e6ab.jpg

For your opinions and critiques ;)

nice nice, don think i ever saw tis place before :confused: i don live in the north nor do i go there. i think the first pic some flower is alittle exposed because of the whiteness:think:

1st pix of the flower:
Looks a bit messy in the background. I feel that the flower does not stand out from the background. This being the case, a longer lense could have been used to "further isolate the flower" from the background with the use of Depth of Field which makes the background more blur. Shooting white flowers is always tricky. Choice background carefully. This is a lesson I learn from my mentor Steven Yee from PSS.

3rd pix:
Need to define what is the purpose and main subject. This is a good interplay of the use of DOF/differential focusing. But it lacks something....main subject.

Thanks Hotshot, ExplorerZ and truth-photographer for your comments! These shots were taken with the 17-40mm 4L with no PS works except the borders of course.

1) Comment noted for this pic. My original intention was not really to isolate the white flowers only but to give a wide perspective of the white surrounding white flora with the 3 white flowers as the main subject... but certainly wished i had a telelens thou! ;)

3) Agreed! No main subject... this shot was an inprompto shot as i scouted arnd for nice angles... found this angle but cant find any subject ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.