A Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphii82sg

Mar 19, 2002
www.v1da.com
Just some photos i took for a friend.. first time doing portraits...pls give your comments.. thanks
:)

ML03

ML01

ML02

the 1st pic is a bit slanted.. it would be nice if u can maximize the slanted effect like wat u did on ur 2nd and 3rd pic..

I would prefer to have at least some eye contact between your friend and your cam...beginning...find the slanted horizon a lil wierd...guess it'll work better if its not shown as much as in the 1st pic...the 2nd pic's horizon slanted but is ok as the subject takes up majority of the framing...

interesting! love the setting and the rich colours of the yellowed out lalang. wats ur settings on ur cam?

have to agree on kelster abt the eye contact. would be nice if u get her to look at u for a few pics. my suggestion is to go in close and do a head to shoulder shot, or a half-body. she's got nice facial features, IMO and would look good.

overall, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If I may comment...

1st shot - you were trying to use the background to bring out the subject's style & pose, good try, but the clothes & mood the subject was in doesn't really get complimented with a CBD skyline, however, perhaps a shallower DOF or using the lalang fully as the backdrop I felt would have complimented her nicely. The theme should be nature for the whole series am I right? That's at least what I feel the shots were trying to bring out... so modern buildings quite ruin the shots.

2nd shot - I like this shot, given the natural nonchalant feel of the subject just doing something so ordinary being captured :thumbsup: the only thing I feel uncomfortable with is the green patch of trees right at the top left, personal preference would have to be either PS it and/or give more head allowance space to capture more lalang into the frame and use it as a natural frame for the shot.

3rd shot - Good shot again, my only complains are the eyes, I'm not looking at eye-contact with you, but the eyes are near invisible totally, eyes (as I agree with Timber) are the prime objects of what a portrait would be, regardless of eye-contact or not, the eyes should be captured, the eyes will play a part in the expression of the subject as well. For this shot, perhaps a full frame of her body with extras on the right and top would capture a more wholesome feel. :thumbsup:

Just a NoOb's comment... no offence ah... AH!

my my.. look what the cat brought in......

So I see you have again done what you do best. Swtiched to digital ?
Anyway, all are great in their own ways.

Overall, I find that the pic seem to be a bit cast in some colour. hmm.. too orange.

Thanks for the comments guys.. colour wise.. it was tweaked in PS to achieve a overall,yellow, saturated tone.. background was very flat that day... totally overcast and abt to rain.. so had only abt 45 mins.. hahaha... anyway.. 3 more photos.. pls advice.. :)

ML04

ML05

ML06

thE shots are really nice !! you drove there ? frankly, i really think you've gotten the right place, person, and skill !! :)

leeter said:
thE shots are really nice !! you drove there ? frankly, i really think you've gotten the right place, person, and skill !! :)

thanks again for the comments guys, will certainly help me to improve...

well leeter.. yup, had to drive there... a long long way in.. the place and the model is great, though had a difficult convincing my friend that she looks good :D

skills wise.. lots more to learn... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.