A Friend with a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steviemac

Aug 6, 2004
United Kingdom
I have a family friend who has recently bought a Nikon D80S package ( UK SPEC ) with the nikon 18-55 and a Tamron 55 -200 lenses . an sb600 flash and a sandisk ultra 3 1gb memory card.
His says the problem is the camera doesnt display sub menus in cmos and hes trying to sort the colour settings ( if that makes any sense to anyone here ? ) does anyone know how this is achieved , apologies this is a bit vague but it came by txt message .

thank you for any assistance , I would have liked to have helped him out , but I stuck to my film cameras :D

I have a family friend who has recently bought a Nikon D80S package ( UK SPEC ) with the nikon 18-55 and a Tamron 55 -200 lenses . an sb600 flash and a sandisk ultra 3 1gb memory card.
His says the problem is the camera doesnt display sub menus in cmos and hes trying to sort the colour settings ( if that makes any sense to anyone here ? ) does anyone know how this is achieved , apologies this is a bit vague but it came by txt message .

thank you for any assistance , I would have liked to have helped him out , but I stuck to my film cameras :D
look for one menu item call CMS/SetUp Menu and change it to detail setting. (not sure if this is the 1 you meant)

err is there really a Nikon D80s model? or is it Nikon D70s? :cool:

err is there really a Nikon D80s model? or is it Nikon D70s? :cool:

With a 18-55?? The only 2 cams packaged with the 18-55 would be the D50 and D40... ;)

oh no... Kenna chopped...

look for one menu item call CMS/SetUp Menu and change it to detail setting. (not sure if this is the 1 you meant)

Thanks for this reply hes got it sorted now :)

As I said this query came in a txt message and I dont know the exact spec of the camera :dunno: , just what was in the txt message .
The package was bought from here - http://www.jessops.com/ - Carlisle in Cumbria UK . and the lenses were chosen as part of a pick and mix package for a fixed price .

As for the UK spec being different to yours , we generlly get all the crap first and all the good stuff months after you lot :cry:

you should look across the pond.... they get the best deals at the best prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.