A flower

Wurdelak

Apr 7, 2009
westcoast
www.flickr.com
did some indoor shoot... here's another try at my gloomy post processing for my IR shots! any comments, corrections, and suggestions are very much welcome!

RED

5047695210_af3af04379_z.jpg

Hey, Wurdelak!
This treatment is really really beautiful and I must say I love the low-key effect of it.
Some more the way your model posed, demurely looking at her flower with her legs in an inverted V shape...
Goodness... beautiful shot!
I might just Guassian blur out the veins on her right shin, that's about all I'd do.
:thumbsup;!!!

Hey, Wurdelak!
This treatment is really really beautiful and I must say I love the low-key effect of it.
Some more the way your model posed, demurely looking at her flower with her legs in an inverted V shape...
Goodness... beautiful shot!
I might just Guassian blur out the veins on her right shin, that's about all I'd do.
:thumbsup;!!!

ei bro, thanks for the suggestions... i was thinkin of "taking care" of the veins... but i decided to keep it, to hint the shot as an infrared shot (and to stir a scary effect as well:bsmilie:).

i directed the model for this particular shot, as my co shooters prefer to shoot her smiling... so i have to be the last one to shoot (bringing a rose as well for this shoot was my idea, otherwise the pose would be dull.;)).

the studio rental was quite ok for this particular studio... how about we shoot together an indoor model shoot in IR?:)

and yeah, thanks for the advice on the "photo biz" thread... am doing that!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
My 2 cents is to soften the image a little .. Using Gaussian blur .. Then way it should it make the photo more gloomy
Great shot :thumbsup:

Also to add .. Might I suggest to darken the side of the shadow .. That should produce a more even photo .. Cause now the sofa is too well lit on the left side ... But that just me .. Cheers

Last edited:
My 2 cents is to soften the image a little .. Using Gaussian blur .. Then way it should it make the photo more gloomy
Great shot :thumbsup:

Also to add .. Might I suggest to darken the side of the shadow .. That should produce a more even photo .. Cause now the sofa is too well lit on the left side ... But that just me .. Cheers

thanks bro, got it... think a simple burning will do for the sofa! ;)

yeah, i concur with Lowlights on the shadow part. it will be nicer with a darker bg to bring out the gloomy feel.

aside from that, i'm still not used to seeing veins in IR portraits, i would PP off those veins. but it is my preference only, nothing to do with your shot. :)

yeah, i concur with Lowlights on the shadow part. it will be nicer with a darker bg to bring out the gloomy feel.

aside from that, i'm still not used to seeing veins in IR portraits, i would PP off those veins. but it is my preference only, nothing to do with your shot. :)

hey bro, i dunno whats with me and the "veins":bsmilie: but i always prefer to show them whenever i shoot in IR. maybe that'd be my IR shot signature, coz other than that, one can't distinguish an IR shot from a heavily PPed fake IR toned portrait shot.

hey bro, i dunno whats with me and the "veins":bsmilie: but i always prefer to show them whenever i shoot in IR. maybe that'd be my IR shot signature, coz other than that, one can't distinguish an IR shot from a heavily PPed fake IR toned portrait shot.

i get ur point :)

my portraits are usually with the background, so judging from the background, ppl can tell its an IR portrait :bsmilie:

i get ur point :)

my portraits are usually with the background, so judging from the background, ppl can tell its an IR portrait :bsmilie:

outdoor shoots, yeah... but studio... no plants!:bsmilie: i was thinking the rose i brought along will be very white, but with light source only from my sb600, not enough to make it shine!:)

outdoor shoots, yeah... but studio... no plants!:bsmilie: i was thinking the rose i brought along will be very white, but with light source only from my sb600, not enough to make it shine!:)

hmm.. there's no studio lighting there? :think:

hmm.. there's no studio lighting there? :think:

there is actually a continuous strobe... but it's very soft, controlled for indoor portrait, unlike the light we get from the sun, i noticed that it makes a big difference for IR shooters...

there is actually a continuous strobe... but it's very soft, controlled for indoor portrait, unlike the light we get from the sun, i noticed that it makes a big difference for IR shooters...

yup, we need to adjust it to be stronger for our IR cameras but it would inconvenient the other photographers..

Wurdelak .. just saw your BS post .. dun sell the D90 .. go for conversion ..
hmm..seem that you selling the entire nikon setup .. going over to the White side ? :sticktong

Edit :

Sorry of the OT

hmm..seem that you selling the entire nikon setup .. going over to the White side ? :sticktong

Edit :

Sorry of the OT

:think: i thought its the red?

Edit :

Sorry of the OT

am not stepping over the white side bro... EVER!:bsmilie: getting a D700... but anyways, my options are, get a D300s then modify my D90, or Get a D700, then must sell the D90 or my "lau pan" will kick my ass!:bsmilie:

am not stepping over the white side bro... EVER!:bsmilie: getting a D700... but anyways, my options are, get a D300s then modify my D90, or Get a D700, then must sell the D90 or my "lau pan" will kick my ass!:bsmilie:

Good for you .. you hear that or not limwhow !! :sticktong

If you asked me .. get the D700 .. superb Cam... but to have 2 cams to shoot is definite a advantage .. also considering the replace should be out (speculated mid 2011).. it a tough call

But since the price of D90 is dropping like durians .. might be a good call to sell first .. and if have to pick up another later at a cheaper price ..

Ok then .. Welcome to the FF club ;)

Good for you .. you hear that or not limwhow !! :sticktong

If you asked me .. get the D700 .. superb Cam... but to have 2 cams to shoot is definite a advantage .. also considering the replace should be out (speculated mid 2011).. it a tough call

But since the price of D90 is dropping like durians .. might be a good call to sell first .. and if have to pick up another later at a cheaper price ..

Ok then .. Welcome to the FF club ;)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

we are the yellow tees, they are the red tees :bsmilie:
we both are thinking of the same upgrade :D

it would be good if someone in sg could do a mod for D300 :think: