A few tripod questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
K, I got Slik Sprint 3-Way tripod a while back, was fine for my purposes. But now when I want to start dabbling in HDR, the fact that I can't seem to find a way to lock the panning portion is pissing the hell out of me. And no, I can't take RAW to do HDR, I'm using H2, no RAW.

Anyone has any ideas how to lock it?

If not, then what sort of heads can lock the exact position where it is so I can take many proper exposures of the SAME scene instead of it moving slightly when I adjust the exposure time on my cam? =/

And can I just replace the stupid head on my tripod? Not very sure what sort of screw size it is though, lost my blardy ruler. :angry:

Thanks for your help, guys.

sorry, i dont understand your question.

why do you say the panning cant be lock? a 3 way pan head, has 3 locking lever.

maybe can show photo?

sorry, i dont understand your question.

why do you say the panning cant be lock? a 3 way pan head, has 3 locking lever.

maybe can show photo?

Ok

Here's 3 photos of my tripod head around the collar area (I hope that's what it's called, was never good at technicalities);

2724560740100701216S425x425Q85.jpg

2069571330100701216S425x425Q85.jpg

2097265340100701216S425x425Q85.jpg

I don't see anything to lock it with leh, was playing with it for about half an hour, even tried poking a toothpick into that little hole to see if it might jam up.. :bsmilie:

Can change the whole head to one of Manfrotto?

See www.manfrotto.com
Not sure if head compatible to my legs, but should be right. Slik won't be so boh liao until come up with own thread size just so that you can't replace the blardy head.

Hmmm. Maybe tomorrow I go and ask the CP people.. Going by City Hall area anyways. Sian diao. More $$$.

from the 3nd photo, there seems to be a locking device common used to lock the centre column and a small threaded hole.

i suspect there is a small set screw in there, use a allenkey to lock it.

i assume the lock for centre column in this case serve lock the panning movement too.

Status
Not open for further replies.