A few religious themed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernards

Feb 17, 2004
First time posting. Hope to get some feedback on the pics. Especially how you will compose the same scene.

abandoned_god.jpg

orange_god.jpg

restricted_access.jpg

yup...ya photos suit the theme well

#1....portrait perhaps...can show more of the whole thing while still maintaining focus on the joss sticks

#2.... great...love the colour saturation...

#3.... Perhaps less DOF....so that it is more obvious tt its a church behind....coudnt tell from first glance...

overall i like the way u compose your shots.... esp the first and the third...the title is very suiting too...

Witness, thanks for the comments! I have another shot of the same scene for #1. But I was using my D70 kit lense, I couldn't get the nice out of focus feel, ended up looking very cluttered.

For #3. I was standing just below the barbed wire and the cross on top the church was quite far away. I'll try this shot again the next time I get a chance to go back to the same area.

Abandoned_God-2.jpg

King Tiger said:
Bernard, I am interest in your setting, care to share with us?
Btw, any PS processing for the color toning?

Unfortunately I have not mastered colours with the D70. This curves thing is a whole lot more complicated then it sounds.

I did adjustments in Photoshop before posting. I like the National Geographic type of deep saturation. Faithful colours is never my aim.

For #2, I adjusted the saturation for the red channel, this way the gray at the top and bottom still looks neutral.

Apparently. For contrast and saturation of the pics, the lense makes a big difference. I was shooting with both the cheapo kit lense and a Sigma 70-300. I just got myself a 60mm f2.8 micro, this lense is suppose to give you very saturated and contrasty images. I'll try it out this thursday. Until I can afford 3 thousand dollar lenses, I'll need to reply on photoshop. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.