a event at the beach, i dun noe whether can thake bo???

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
i hav a event, taking photo at a beach at sentosa, but my friend say, there try not to take pix even of own people, cos others may say u taking them in bikini and by that time :devil: liao.

so, hav any try shoot at the beach before??? i dun want kana :hammer:

Well it really depends on the event right? But you cannot say that taking pictures of girls in bikini means you will get into trouble unless you know, you spend the whole day just doing that or if the event calls for that then it's fine I believe.

Have not encountered problems so far... unless you are using a HUGE LENS !
Relax.

I seen people use 70-200/2.8 lenses there and the occasional 300/2.8 primes. If you are concerned about gossips and stares, or have other motives for the pictures then I suggest you dont.

Do it first. If cannot, the people organizing it will come and tell you so. Then put away the camera with an an apology; continue looking :)

Many times I do that. Even in concert that say no cameras; I just avoid using flash that attracts attention and avoid using huge white lenses.

:think: try not too loh..if u r not employ by them.. or jus bring along a kit lens n jus shoot around ur friends loh.. cheers!

ask first, if they're ok with it they'll gamely pose for you. i used a kit lense at the last beach event and all the girls were ok with it. the guys seem shy-er when I tried to capture them

Try not to make it too obvious, shoot and turn away to other subjects.dont keep your camera there, change settings and keep trying. Actually a larger camera with large lens make you look more "official" then some ultra compacts with super big screen. Btw what camera u intend to bring and mind sharing wat even is it? :)

shocky said:
Try not to make it too obvious, shoot and turn away to other subjects.dont keep your camera there, change settings and keep trying. Actually a larger camera with large lens make you look more "official" then some ultra compacts with super big screen. Btw what camera u intend to bring and mind sharing wat even is it? :)

it is a casual party at the beach with my friend on the weekend 2 weeks down the raod before we break apart for a year to study so thinkin of bring my fx8 down to capture the moments, but on the other hand i scare tat people(the bikini gals, not my friends) ard me may say i take them and later kana ....

so therefore wanna ask anyway to avoid it. dun intend to bring a big cam cos it is a casual party...

compro_1975 said:
it is a casual party at the beach with my friend on the weekend 2 weeks down the raod before we break apart for a year to study so thinkin of bring my fx8 down to capture the moments, but on the other hand i scare tat people(the bikini gals, not my friends) ard me may say i take them and later kana ....

so therefore wanna ask anyway to avoid it. dun intend to bring a big cam cos it is a casual party...
U should go and take more photos, these photos will give u very good memory years later, the FX8 sounds right for this kind of occasion, just make sure u use the lowest ISO (ISO80) turn on the OIS.

Astin said:
U should go and take more photos, these photos will give u very good memory years later, the FX8 sounds right for this kind of occasion, just make sure u use the lowest ISO (ISO80) turn on the OIS.
if you're capturing your friends playing ball or any other sports for that matter try to use iso 200. 80 will not be enough to capture the motion adequately. 400 is out of the question with the amount of noise for the pana. ois mode 2 is recommended instead of mode 1.

Astin said:
if you're capturing your friends playing ball or any other sports for that matter try to use iso 200. 80 will not be enough to capture the motion adequately. 400 is out of the question with the amount of noise for the pana. ois mode 2 is recommended instead of mode 1.

take take take.....the more the better

make sure you share the photos with us

blimmer said:

i personally feel that taking in ois mode 1, is veri slow, compaired to mode 2:dunno:

slow as in the shutter lag? or something else?
I didnt realise any major slowness with the fz20 on ois mode 1 but mode 2 definitely gave better results generally. Just remember to switch off the ois if you're planning on using a tripod/placing the cam on a stable platform.

blimmer said:
.......Just remember to switch off the ois if you're planning on using a tripod/placing the cam on a stable platform.

y is it so??? can teach me???

compro_1975 said:

heard b4 the formula, negative & negative = positive? :bsmilie:

anti-shake + anti-shake = SHAKY!!!

anyway, just take picture, dun take other things, like take away their bikini and watsoever... u are in safe hands... :bsmilie:

compro_1975 said:
From what I deduce, the OIS works by moving the sensor to compensate for handshake. On a stable platform, triggering the OIS will only cause the micromotor to activate and create a jerk which can actually cause your pics to be blur.

Take your own pics, blow it up 200% and compare with and without OIS on a tripod.

compro_1975 said:
i hav a event, taking photo at a beach at sentosa, but my friend say, there try not to take pix even of own people, cos others may say u taking them in bikini and by that time :devil: liao.

so, hav any try shoot at the beach before??? i dun want kana :hammer:

compro_1975 said:

I am going to stick my neck out on this one, and I am sure many of you will think my comments are too harsh, insensitive and what not. But, this has to be one of the post that makes the least sense, of all time.

You go to the beach, you go to the park, you go on an outing, how many cameras, let's not include phone cam, are there? Let's use Sentosa as an example. On a give sunny day on a weekend, I there say every 8 or 10 people there, there is a camera (dslr, prosumer, compact, digital or film). What do people do when they bring their camera with them? They take pictures. What are you afraid of??? Your own shadow? Or perhaps you and your friends really want to take "voyeuristic" pictures of the bikini gals???

BTW, the bikini gals, they are part of the scenery, they are in public, and if so happen, they crashed into the background of your picture, well, they become the background. What can they do?

And so what if you take a pic or 2 of the scenery around you, and just so happen again, a bikini gal got into the frame. they are out there in the public, and you have the right to take pictures in public places.

actually i have taken at least 4 outings of my friends at sentosa. i using fz5 so well it's a 12x zoom camera... but then it shouldn't be a problem as no one who got something better ever ask whether ur taking them or not. but then also try not to point the camera at a particular direction for too long... also dun feel guilty about it. cos if u do u will attract even more unwanted attention.haha of course if u keep taking the girl for too long... then if she have a beefy bf beside... haha better look away and act blur haha. but on the other hand... i have an occasion where i jus stand at my window at nite and try to take a picture outside my house w/o flash jus for testing... then think some lady from the opposite block saw my focusing lamp and told a guy then the guy "OUI!" and keep staring at my house like for 1/2 hours... like i can take anything inside their house like tat... so there's alws those oversensitive ppl around so it can't be avoided.. if they confront jus appologise and walk away...

Status
Not open for further replies.