A digital camera is like a buffet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansel

Apr 30, 2003
Land Downunder
Visit site
Hello all,

To have a digital camera is like going to a eat-all-you-can buffet. No matter how much you eat, you still pay the same amount. So with a digital camera you just shoot and shoot and shoot, the cost is the same, you have already paid for it!

Or is that so? :confused:

Care to share your thoughts? :p

Ansel said:
Hello all,

To have a digital camera is like going to a eat-all-you-can buffet. No matter how much you eat, you still pay the same amount. So with a digital camera you just shoot and shoot and shoot, the cost is the same, you have already paid for it!

No, don't forget all the accessories, lenses and other purchases that come later. ;p

Ansel said:
Hello all,

if your shutter mechanism spoil... that's the price to pay! haha.

also not counting the many more Firewire HDD you have to buy.... :s

having fun with your new toy eh?

Ansel said:
Hello all,

Yup! It's a buffet in every sense of the word. :D You pay premium to get sub-quality food!! :bsmilie:

But, well, you can eat a lot of sub-quality food of course! And sometimes, there are so much food that some good food may just be found among the midst! :D

cheatchu79 said:
Yup! It's a buffet in every sense of the word. :D You pay premium to get sub-quality food!! :bsmilie:

But, well, you can eat a lot of sub-quality food of course! And sometimes, there are so much food that some good food may just be found among the midst! :D

Yes, got to learn how to edit.

Ansel, you have indulged too much in your food liao.... er... toy I mean. :)

The amount of clicks is not important, what is important is the image capture. If YOU or YOUR CLIENT(s) like the images, that's the thing that matters most.

But of course, crappy pics excluded. ;)

/* don't ask me how to define crappy pics

AJ23 said:
Ansel, you have indulged too much in your food liao.... er... toy I mean. :)

The amount of clicks is not important, what is important is the image capture. If YOU or YOUR CLIENT(s) like the images, that's the thing that matters most.

But of course, crappy pics excluded. ;)

/* don't ask me how to define crappy pics

psst ansel. any shots of your two angels is worth the many clicks! :lovegrin:

Kit said:
Yes, got to learn how to edit.

No lah! Edit for what? Just don't pick the bad food lor!
I mean, who doesn't pick the oysters in the buffet first anyway? (unless of course the oysters taste funny!)

Anyway, even the most professional photographer using the most advanced phtography equipment wouldn't be able to generate quality shots on every single click right? So just throw away the crappy stuff (of course, know why is it crappy, and learn how to improve first), and keep the better stuff.

a digital camera is like a water pistol. refills are free, but to get the most enjoyment, still have to aim carefully and save the majority of your shots for the best targets.

how long on average is a digital camera? let say we handle it like our wife, and are gentle. What is the normal cause that spolit the cam???

Yeah yeah, and from last Friday when I bot the D70 until today, Tuesday, I already fired about 300+ shots already!! Before the D70 when I was using film, 300 shots is like one month of shooting for me. Not sure if that's healthy for my photography!!

To make it worse, although I am trigger happy, I am not delete happy. So very soon, I'll need a bigger harddisk liaoz...just like if you eat too much buffet, you'll put on weight too!! :cry:

Ansel said:
Yeah yeah, and from last Friday when I bot the D70 until today, Tuesday, I already fired about 300+ shots already!! Before the D70 when I was using film, 300 shots is like one month of shooting for me. Not sure if that's healthy for my photography!!

To make it worse, although I am trigger happy, I am not delete happy. So very soon, I'll need a bigger harddisk liaoz...just like if you eat too much buffet, you'll put on weight too!! :cry:
i very picky on food

HENG MAN :angel:

leonzhu said:
psst ansel. any shots of your two angels is worth the many clicks! :lovegrin:

Yeah Leonzhu, half of those 300+ shots are of them! :heart:

No, juz kidding, maybe about 50+ shots only lah! :angel:

After many bouts of feasting with the buffet, you realise that quantity isn't all there is to eating. you miss the authenticity and quaintness of the basic stuff. you crave for more simple and traditional cuisine like porridge (not porridge buffet though).

sfhuang: wanna eat porridge with salted egg? :bsmilie:

One more thing, ever go to a wine tasting session where you need to sample and rate 24 different wines? In this kind of situation, I have learned how to spit! ;p

That should be equivalent to deleting on the fly in digital photography. Shoot first, delete later. Something I have to learn I guess. :sweatsm:

sfhuang said:
making fun of me again.

tert:kok: <-sfhuang :bsmilie:

gee.... pi dan zhou (porridge w/ salted egg) can be quite refreshing after all that buffet.... :blah:

Ansel said:
One more thing, ever go to a wine tasting session where you need to sample and rate 24 different wines? In this kind of situation, I have learned how to spit! ;p

That should be equivalent to deleting on the fly in digital photography. Shoot first, delete later. Something I have to learn I guess. :sweatsm:
Been there, done that, twice, both ways ;) :D

Haha, I think it may be the novelty feeling of a new toy. :)
I shoot like nobody's business when I had the 300D for a weekend...inside, outside, upside, downside...anything I see just shoot...

Eventually I grew tired of it. Now the 300D's not in my hand I don't feel bad anymore. But the feeling then was shiok!

It's not about being digital or film, it's about being photo-worthy. Is the moment you see worth being captured for eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies.