A devil I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Sveda

Nov 18, 2004
Ont. Can.
Having a somewhat lousy holiday season I hit up a local pub with some friends and just took some snapshots that gave me the chance to have fun with a friends expression.. a quick little photochop..

2004.12.28.pic.05.jpg

source...

2004.12.28.pic.02.jpg

P.Sveda said:
Having a somewhat lousy holiday season I hit up a local pub with some friends and just took some snapshots that gave me the chance to have fun with a friends expression.. a quick little photochop..

2004.12.28.pic.05.jpg

source...

2004.12.28.pic.02.jpg

aaarrghhhh.....another man u fan!!!!!! :eek:

wow... very impressive...
maybe u can PS the guy on the right hand side off
or PS his neck red too ;p

Photoshop work done...

1. The face was masked out on a new layer using the lasso tool, eyes and mouth were punched out as well as anything else that wouldn't recieve a color change treatment. In essence you should be left with a mask that looks much like a theater mask.

2. Multiple layers were created of the cut out face, each layer had a different tones of red or orange. To achieve the tonal changes on each layer use the Color/Hue/Saturation dialogue (ctrl+U). Then each layer was blended into the one below with the earse tool and layer opacity controls. This will let you tweak what colors you want.

3. The face layers were then compressed into one final layer and a duplicate was made as a backup. Working on the master layer use the 'liquify' filter to lift and stretch certain areas of the face (in this case to raise the eyebrows and point the ears).

4. Once you have the face edited to achieve your look its time for the texture treatment. In this case I used a reptile skin shot using a single light source. I then adjusted the darkness and highlights a bit to exagerate the black and cause some blowout in the highlights. Once I had the skin to my liking I made multiple layers and each layer was shaped, turned and transformed onto its area of the face to match the lighting. In some cases you may want to use the liquify filter on individual peices of the reptile texture to match certain contours on the face.

5. Finaly each reptile texture layer was set to "soft light" and the opacity was tweaked untill the texture was pleasing. In some cases I went back and further tweaked some of the textures highlights.

I hope this helps you guys play around...

this is really cool stuff.....and i saw some of the other photos on ya blog....esp liek the ones in the bar....how do u actually achieve such sharp pix with good lighting under normally not so good conditions.....???

thanks alot for sharing man...

Red Devil. :devil:

Witness said:
this is really cool stuff.....and i saw some of the other photos on ya blog....esp liek the ones in the bar....how do u actually achieve such sharp pix with good lighting under normally not so good conditions.....???

thanks alot for sharing man...

Thanks for the feed back.. appreciated..

In low light conditions I NEVER trust AF (Auto focus), always use a tripod and sacrifice length of exposure for f-stop to get a greater depth of field. Also try excute the exposure using the timer when possible to eliminate vibrations from my hand. For people I never shoot slower than 1/40th of a second and if I can't achieve that I use a flash. Finaly when resizing for the web I use 'unsharp mask' at 40-60% . I hope this helps.

cheers.. and thanks all..

yup, i am quite amazed by ur skill in ADobE Photoshop !! thats cool !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.