A dedicated photographer

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
"Must confirm composition and exposure..."

burning.jpg

Talk about going the extra mile

Lots of IR there, wonder how the picture will look like without additional IR block. When I tried to snap a pic of a bonfire with a Powershot cam I got lots of purple casts from the massive IR.

I think his dedication makes him kind of hot. meow

Just a cheap publicity shot.

It is not the real thing.

He has confirmed that the "flames" are not from the magma.

He refuses to inform the location. Because it is likely to be a poorly done Photoshop paste job.
Maybe he was never standing on top of the magma.

Notice there are no shadows of the tripod leg cast on the magma by the flames.

Last edited:
If still hot enough to have flames, he can't even step on it. During the railway tracks still around and when you walk on it, you also can feel the heat. Lava even hotter than that, so, for me, it's quite impossible for him to stand there and look into camera. The lens or certain parts of the camera also should melt liao.

Just a cheap publicity shot.

It is not the real thing.

He has confirmed that the "flames" are not from the magma.

He refuses to inform the location. Because it is likely to be a poorly done Photoshop paste job.
Maybe he was never standing on top of the magma.

Notice there are no shadows of the tripod leg cast on the magma by the flames.
No doubt, Uncle Ricohflex. This time your cynicism has proven you right.

The photographer is basically admitting he deliberately set the fire possibly with lighter fluid and essentially posed for the shot. Which should just be about right, judging by the autoignition temperature / kindling point of the tripod which was exceeded sufficiently enough for it to result in a spontaneous combustion, the ambient temperature alone is enough to result in third-degree burns on him if that was the case.

What a phoney.

Last edited: