A Decline in the Number of Threads in Portraits Subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally...
I haven't seen many interesting new works so I don't comment.
I will like to single out bobdoom and zemotion though, for creating works with personality

personally I rather not say anything nowadays if there's nothing good to say, but I appreciate seeing people post stuff up anyway..

hehe.. not just student lah.. still have our "favourite" Zeckson with his colourful writing. People like ESPN, AJ etc... also disappear..

Ah yes nemesis32,

I agree. There are many that contributed in their own special way and kept us thinking.

Maybe their like will emerge in time.

Cheers :)

Hi, new here.

Can someone direct me to the images of Zeckson, ESPN, AJ, and others? Would love to learn from the creative pictures from these members.

Thanks!!

Hi, new here.

Can someone direct me to the images of Zeckson, ESPN, AJ, and others? Would love to learn from the creative pictures from these members.

Thanks!!

With pleasure.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=276218

His work is not about pretty face. It is refreshing and different. He tell stories.

I would mark him as one of the few to be watched out.

With pleasure.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=276218

His work is not about pretty face. It is refreshing and different. He tell stories.

I would mark him as one of the few to be watched out.

Thank you indeed. Those are rather interesting pictures. They are quite cute. Of course portraits need not be about pretty faces. My impression of portraits is limited. Are those pictures portraits?

Has anyone noticed a decline in the number of new threads started in the Portraits subforum? Previously, there used to be a lot of threads created with new photos from various people. Each time a group shoot ended, you can see a number of new threads started per shoot - along with other non-group shoot threads independently done.

Nowadays, though the number of group shoots has not declined, the number of threads certainly has.

I wonder if potential posters have been "scared" off from posting their shots for fear of having negative comments thrown their way - perhaps their past experiences has taught them to keep to themselves instead.

ya, i kinda missed the bikini postings...

*ow!* ok ok i better retract that back before my wife twists my ears inside out :bsmilie:

Right here in this thread in posts #25 and #31. And bobdoom and Zemotion in post #41.

Why? Is there a problem?

no problem la sweetie! amazed that u know some of the long time CSers despite u being a new member!

anyway, some of them are pretty prominent members in the past.

haf fun during ur stay here, Miss Ross!

HOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!:thumbsup:

Someone called? ;p

On a side note, indeed posting in portraiture subforum has dropped SUSTANTIALLY. Like what v123123 has said, we used to have at least 1 posting per model per model shoot done, but those were the haydays where there are a lot of organised model shoots. I always waited with eagerness every sun/mon to see the postings after shoots done on sat/sun. But, that was then, for all oldbies to remember.

Now, we have much lesser organised model shoots, though there seems to be a revival recently. Which could be a good sign, and looking @ the number of signups, there seems to be a lot of new faces, meaning more new blood going out to shoot and experiment.

So, why no more (more) postings in portraiture sub-forum? :dunno:

well... i think its really up to each individual to post their pics up, for me, my portraiture sucks... and most know it, cos well... i got no passion for it (i only like to comment, flame me while u can! ;p), so i just take once in a while then keep in hdd... some of the models also say dun post inside clubsnap... due to leeching and 'comments' like, how come this model so... *paste something negative*

thats why moderators & SUs are now sweeping out this type of comments, as it really hurts the models, and in the end everyone lose out.

well, since this is a photography forum, i think comments based on the skills of the photograher is more important than the looks of the model. but sometimes if u saw u took a 'compromised' shot of any model, its better not to post them and well... the models would definitely be grateful to you...

*p.s. dunno y i post pics nobody comment 1... ;p

no problem la sweetie! amazed that u know some of the long time CSers despite u being a new member!

haf fun during ur stay here, Miss Ross!

HOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!:thumbsup:

Well, now you know my "knowledge" of these prominent members is limited to what was posted in this thread. I have only seen some pictures of mattlock and bobdoom. Quite hilarious, I must say!

Hope to be able to see the works of the rest sometime.

Right here in this thread in posts #25 and #31. And bobdoom and Zemotion in post #41.

Why? Is there a problem?

both post #25 and #31 mention student, yet you do not ask about him? you should check out his works too, pretty interesting b&w portraiture photos.

both post #25 and #31 mention student, yet you do not ask about him? you should check out his works too, pretty interesting b&w portraiture photos.

iirc, he deleted most of his threads already before he left.

iirc, he deleted most of his threads already before he left.

i think he can still be contacted via email. IIRC he was always willing to share his knowledge on photography, esp b&w.

i think he can still be contacted via email. IIRC he was always willing to share his knowledge on photography, esp b&w.

yes, i suppose. PM me if anyone needs his contact

Well, now you know my "knowledge" of these prominent members is limited to what was posted in this thread. I have only seen some pictures of mattlock and bobdoom. Quite hilarious, I must say!

Hope to be able to see the works of the rest sometime.

hmmm... maybe u can do a check on the past threads of AJ, ESPN and a few other more prominent members. some of them used to post quite often in Portraits and Poses.

u've seen jeanie's works?

Yes, I read that, but was not quite sure if "student" was a person, so I wrote "others" - meaning members like Zeckson, ESPN, AJ. With your comments and a re-read, I believe student refers to a specific person.

Yes, I read that, but was not quite sure if "student" was a person, so I wrote "others" - meaning members like Zeckson, ESPN, AJ. With your comments and a re-read, I believe student refers to a specific person.

zeckson's a nice chap. think u can PM him. he shud b able to teach u so much more and show u his works and all.

check out student la. stereobox got his contact, u can PM him for it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The reputation of some CSers travel very far.

Even a lone monk in misty high mountain will hear about them by the commotions they have created in the P&P valley. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.