A day on the Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey King

Nov 27, 2008
Jurong East
Hi friends

This is my first critique posting. Fairly new to my DSLR, going on few months now.

This image: f 5.6, 1/640 sec
I love rickety boats.
1) I wanted to capture the boat in the setting without being too amateurish. Does the composition work for you? If not, why?
2) How are the technical aspects, exposure, colour etc?
Cheers
DSC_02492.jpg

Last edited:
1) I wanted to capture the boat in the setting without being too amateurish. Does the composition work for you? If not, why?

What do you think, have you achieved your target? If not, why? :)
If you wanted to capture the boat then why is there a) another boat, b) rocks in the background, c) this rope right hand side and d) the boat nearly from front?

I still wanted a bit of landscape, i.e. didn't want to occupy the frame with the boat. Got some more photos I should post, different angles, larger % of frame etc.

I think the boat on the left spoils it all and part of the boat is cropped away and the bands too. ^^Over all not bad

exposure and color look alright.

composition is not, the boat is awkwardly cropped, with parts chopped off mercilessly. the composition is a little unbalanced, leaning too much to the left side for my liking. the angle on the boat is one of the more photogenic ones i can imagine, but the other boat to the side, and the tightness give this a very cluttered, constricted feel.

Could have done a vertical shot, a bit more to the right, so you can get the blue sky too. The floats on the right may not be necessary, make the boat the main subject. A small dose of HDR may help to bring out the boat's details.

For for the one in ur #1 post.
I assume this is taken in halong bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.