A Day at Ubin (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

genelec

Jan 12, 2007
Hi folks,
My first post...

Holidays had just come to an end, and to usher in the new year my friend and I decided to take a day trip to Ubin and satisfy our trigger happy fingers...

DSC3117.jpg

DSC3270.jpg

DSC3273.jpg

DSC3209.jpg

DSC3192.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't shot in a while...upon arriving at Ubin, found out to my dismay that my 12-200mm needs to be sent for repairs so decided to shoot this series with a nikon 55mm macro.

A couple more pictures

DSC3106.jpg

DSC3155.jpg

DSC3132.jpg

DSC3130.jpg

DSC3105.jpg

Last edited:
DSC3292-2.jpg

DSC3203.jpg

nice! i like #8 and #11. :)

were you walking or cycling all the way? planning to go ubin too? any tips or pointers?

nice capture on #2 & #3 .... :thumbsup:

love it! the postprocessing was stunning. the mood created is perfect. couldn't ask for more :D

Thanks for the generous complements, especially with regards to the postprocessing...cos i was concerned about overdoing it :)

nice! i like #8 and #11. :)

were you walking or cycling all the way? planning to go ubin too? any tips or pointers?

heh actually this is my second time at ubin.
the first time i was on foot...had to walk an entire day to get the same coverage! this time decided to bike instead, managed to see more in a shorter time span...however, there is an advantage of walking, and that is you get to observe more details.
conclusion is that if i were to go there again, i'll stick to riding cos it's also fun for me :)

Love ur series.....

Are some of the pics HDR?

Love ur series.....

Are some of the pics HDR?

Thanks I'm glad you like the pictures :)
But pardon my ignorance, but what is HDR? really out of touch with these terminologies :(
venturing a guess, is it the stitching of shots with multiple exposure settings? if it is then no, these are single exposure shots.

Here are a couple more shots :)

slippers.jpg

wall1.jpg

simply-yellow.jpg

This shot was actually taken during my first trip, when I went back this time around (about a 1.5 years later) some of the items are no longer there...

Last edited:
blue2.jpg

DSC3325.jpg

DSC3298.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad @ all. Considering you were limited by this lens & you made good use of it :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.