A day at Pontian, JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSwitch

Oct 28, 2005
1.45N 103.83E
www.flickr.com
I ventured out of town to a small Kampung at Pontian during the weekend and here's some of my catch. (mossie bites not shown :bsmilie:)

#1. (white hand fly)

pontian_macro_150.jpg

#2. (Hoverfly) I only managed one shot of this fella. I ps to darken the photo due to over exposed

pontian_macro_155a.jpg

#3. Swinging Spider. Windy condition and tiny spider makes this my most challenging shot. I have to rest after this shot as my eyes was Blur Blur.

pontian_macro_184.jpg

#4. Chance upon this group of red ants. Cant resist a shot.

pontian_macro_193.jpg

#5. Blue Dragon. I have to stress my hands to shoot as this fella was in the middle of the river. I dont want to step in because its muddy and dirty.

pontian_macro_095.jpg

#6. a very busy bee.

pontian_macro_060.jpg

For your infor, the first one is commonly known as white hand fly and the second one is a hoverfly. Hope you don't mind me saying, the magnification for #2 can be achieve with only the 90mm... why slap on the +4 closeup and degrade the pict quality;p

The +4 closeup was already attached and do not have time to unattach it. I only have one shot at the fella and it flew away, never to be seen again for the whole afternoon.

I still have some more shots to upload. Overall took 200+ shots but only about 10% are good enuf. Still learning and experimenting. There are more than 30 Dragonflies spoted, 5 Butts, 2 Spiders, a dozen Damselflies, lots of red ants and not forgeting the millions of Mossies. Nice and cooling place to shoot Macro as its right inside a Jungle.

I didnt bring my tripod and external flash along.

Thanks Melvyn for the ID of the flies.

#5 was taken without the +4 closeup, sorry for the text error on the photo.

More from the trip.

#7. a green leaf insect

pontian_macro_216.jpg

#8. A Red Dragon. Plenty of them

pontian_macro_022.jpg

#9. A Gold Dragon

pontian_macro_104.jpg

#10. Stink Bug #1

pontian_macro_050.jpg

#11. Stink Bug #2

pontian_macro_043.jpg

#12. Finally I get to see this Butt. (but too bad its over exposed)

pontian_macro_035.jpg

#13. A Bright Red Dragon. (my son call it red sword)
pontian_macro_055.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.