A day along the streets.

Teamdaiwa

Apr 19, 2014
Singapore, Singapore
$5th+May+DANNY.jpg

1.in what area is critique to be sought?
im just starting on DSLR, looking forward to invade in portraits.
so need some C&C on them, bad or good ill accept with open doors and note downs.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
portraits of everywhere we are walking , not that dedicated sites/location just to catch still arranged poses.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken?
this picture was taken when i walking ard bugis with my bro. and while waiting for a bus.
boom caught this photo of him.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
To seek and understand of doing portraits and poses with natural light and flashes(if used).

Your main focus, if it is the human subject, is underexposed.

This may be due to your camera being tricked by the bright yellow Suzuki swift behind (I don't like this car model)

Technical wise that's one thing you can improve on. Read your manual to see how you can use spot meter and exposure lock for better exposure metering

There was no story being told in your photo. It's a snapshot. The masters of this genre that I observe have managed to capture the story and the expression of the subject vividly.

lighting is flat, background is distracting. i would opt for black and white for street portraits as colours are often distracting. a shallow DOF will help to reduce background clutter, and more directional lighting will help to give the subject more contrast and depth.
5th_May_DANNY_d.jpg

Your main focus, if it is the human subject, is underexposed.

This may be due to your camera being tricked by the bright yellow Suzuki swift behind (I don't like this car model)

Technical wise that's one thing you can improve on. Read your manual to see how you can use spot meter and exposure lock for better exposure metering

There was no story being told in your photo. It's a snapshot. The masters of this genre that I observe have managed to capture the story and the expression of the subject vividly.

OK noted and will try to improve. Sure will read the manual and try reviews on portraits/poses shots.

The yellow car is right behind the subject. Extremely distracting