A compact camera for the girl..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jucino

Apr 4, 2007
Been wanting to get a compact camera for my girl friend and i couldn't really decide on which model nor brand to go for. I haven't been updated with the current series of cameras due to the fact that I'm in ns (stay in personnel =( ) so I thought that i'ld approach any kind souls around in this forum for advices on what to get for her. My budget would be around 400 or less .So please, if any one could share some light, it'ld be very much appreciated:D

Assuming looks mean more than functions & IQ, you can't go much wrong with SONY DSC-T77. Not sure about the price though.

:)

Been wanting to get a compact camera for my girl friend and i couldn't really decide on which model nor brand to go for. I haven't been updated with the current series of cameras due to the fact that I'm in ns (stay in personnel =( ) so I thought that i'ld approach any kind souls around in this forum for advices on what to get for her. My budget would be around 400 or less .So please, if any one could share some light, it'ld be very much appreciated:D

Why don't you ask your gf instead? By my observation, most of the girls like Sony for their design. Those functions like face recognize or smile shutter also make them surprise. Those ISO, noise blah blah blah... never mind :nono:

Why don't you ask your gf instead? By my observation, most of the girls like Sony for their design. Those functions like face recognize or smile shutter also make them surprise. Those ISO, noise blah blah blah... never mind :nono:

lol eh not all girls are tech idiots hor =P

anyways, i agree that sony t77 can't go wrong. Like most of my girl friends have it.

My wife loves the pink Sony T77 (with a pink colour case) that I bought for her. I got it for $450 with spare battery and the standard accessory from MS Photo.

Woots thanks for the replies guys.. I think while she is particular about the aesthetics of the camera.. I'm more concern about the functionalities, despite the fact that its a gift from me to her =X

can consider Sony range cam as some of them are really" lady like".:)

Seriously, when it comes to buying stuff for most women, better to get her opinion first. If it's meant to be a surprise gift, maybe you can act blur first and just show here catalogue pictures and ask her, "you think this one nice or not?"

No matter how good you or I or anyone in CS thinks a particular camera is, is all no good when she thinks the camera is ugly.

(Having said that, most people can't seem to go wrong with a Canon IXUS. Those Canon designers are geniuses, I always say)

ONB and I were having a conversation like this just days ago. Our verdict: for ladies, most Sony will be good.

Woots thanks for the replies guys.. I think while she is particular about the aesthetics of the camera.. I'm more concern about the functionalities, despite the fact that its a gift from me to her =X

Unless she's a photog like us, your mentality will simply cost you a few hundred dollars then you will thump your heart (dui sim gua). Dun think about functionalities, simply go for cuteness.

Last edited:
Sony is sleek and nice...

Canon a bit to squarish or a bit thick depending on which series you get...

If looks over functions, Sony bah...
If functions over looks, Canon bah...(the 870 has a gold version, rather chio and definitely makes a statement when in use)

i personally think fuji film pns are the better ones out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.