a certain sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziedrich

Mar 17, 2004
www.rainmuse.com
shooting at the beach on the water is a risky business cos u'll never know when a big wave will come crashing down... feet sometimes get stuck in the sand hindering quick escape... slippers slip off into and drawn back into the sea until the next wave brings it back...
beachsunset.jpg

ooooo! nice..

how long was the shutter for this?? (or er.. how was this achieved? ND?)

nope i didnt have nd... shutter was 2s. used ps to balance the lighting, created a new layer and set the gradient and opacity to the nd effect and readjusted the brightness and contrast.

thanks for ur kind comments!

AGREED. but i suppose that's singapore, its difficult to find a scene totally free of human structures... sigh. here i had to strike some kind of compromise...

hmmmm.... breadth - taking.....

sigh... i wanna run off to the sunset.....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eh DUDE!! Excellent piece of work. I like the misty waves. You used and ND filter for this shot??? :thumbsup: :D

Gabes said:
Eh DUDE!! Excellent piece of work. I like the misty waves. You used and ND filter for this shot??? :thumbsup: :D

Oops sorry was overly excited before I read the previous posts. Oorh PS. Nice.

I guess ND filter has to be used if no PS is done. woooo... those waves... :lovegrin:

nokin said:
Great PS work :thumbsup:

will take this as a challenge to duplicate similar results without ps! :)

yep going to get a set of nd filters... think its rather essential for landscape shots esp those with skies.

very creative...didn't know beach at labrador park can appear so nice.
seems to be a good technique for bridal photos... the blurring effect on the waves is romantic. ;)

wee-u-weet!
water looks damn inviting.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.