A case with Town Council, Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silence Sky

Deregistered
Sep 5, 2006
Hello:
Having some problem with the town council, how do you read case below? Can fight?
If you are caught in the situation, how would you appeal the case?
Please give some ideas, nasty one also can but not to the extend of burning people.
Thanks.

Letter of appeal to HDB

Dear Officer:

I have a parking issue on hand and I require your help to settle it.

I received two notice of parking offence (#******* and #********) on two separate occasions at my residential car park.
I found out that I did not renew my Season Parking.
In Nov, I made an error in the payment. I paid for 12 months through my Credit Card, which is not my intention.
I called HDB to reversed the transaction, and instruct pay till end of 2008.
However, due to miscommunication I have only paid for 1 month and that is for Nov.

For the month of Dec, I did not receive the usual SMS reminder to renew season parking. It is only when the second parking offence came to me then I knew of the matter.
I have been paying faithfully for the past years.
This is a genuine case of misunderstanding.
Please do your best to help me waive the two Parking Notice stated above.

Thank you.

Reponse Letter from HBD

We refer to your email of 17 Dec 2008 requesting to waive the subject parking offence notice.

2 Under the Parking Places (Coupon Parking) Rules, the driver must display either a valid season parking ticket or parking coupon(s) when parking his vehicle in the parking space. Any motorist who fails to do so is committing an offence under the said Rules 2

3 On 10 Dec 2008 at 7.47 pm and 16 Dec 2008 at 12.48 am respectively, the parking enforcement staff had found the vehicle parked at Car Park without the display of a valid season parking ticket or parking coupons. Hence, the parking offence notices were issued.

4 We have considered your case but regret to inform you that your request to waive the parking offence notices could not be acceded to. We wish to clarify that all motorists must display a valid parking coupon or season parking ticket when parking their vehicles in the parking space. We seek your understanding in this matter and hope that you could settle the parking fines by 12 Jan 2009.

5 For your convenience, please settle the parking fines at any Self-Service payment kiosk at SAM, AXS Station or through the internet at www,hdb.gov.sg/parkingfine. If you are making payment by cheque, please cross the cheque and make it payable to “Housing & Development Board”. You may mail the cheque to Robinson Road Post Office, P. O. Box 1211, Singapore 902411. Please quote the parking offence notice number on the reverse page of the cheque.
Yours sincerely

Follow up letter to HDB and so far no response.

I am very disappointed with your response.
From your writing, I feel that my case is not being put up for consideration at all.
You simply reply with a standard format, which did not address the concern I put up at all.
I told you I did not receive SMS alert for the monthly renewal. Have you identified the problem and rectified it?
Your faulty system caused me all these problems.
FYI, I did not receive the SMS alert for Jan renewal as well and could not renew my coupon online.
It is very clear that HDB is not sincere at all in accessing my case and solve the problem.

I would like to appeal to a higher level, please provide me the channel to do so.
I will consult my Grass Root Leader and highlight this improper handling of case to him before I will make any payment.

Waiting for your reply.

pointless to say I will refer this case to my grassroots leader..because grassroots leaders....r not MPs...

bring ur letters down to ur MPs weekly Meet-the-people session..appeal thru him/her....all MP letters will have to be looked into...this gives u a higher chance of appeal...

Not very likely to win the case. Note that they have already given you their baseline, that is "We wish to clarify that all motorists must display a valid parking coupon or season parking ticket when parking their vehicles in the parking space." You had not done that and thus the fine.

The sms is just a reminder. It is very hard to use it to justify things. It is like the sms for internal mobilization for NSmen. We cannot give excuses that we have not received sms for the mob and therefore did not report to the mob centres. We know many months beforehand about the mob date and we are provided with phone numbers of the mob centres for any enquiries. Things like bills and payments we also have to be alert.

:) Anyway, good luck to your appeal, bro. But I think they will mention their baseline again. For me I'll just pay the money.

Did u pay for the full month season parking for Dec?

If so..the fine should be waive..if they insist on the fine..ask for 2 days refund for ur season parking.

Y dun u pay thru giro..u get to enjoy rebate by paying using giro.

speak thru your MP. ask him to write letter...

hdb is just using cut and paste from their c: drive faq.

you mean you paid till DEC but HDB renew till NOV only. You have to be sure that you pay till DEC then you have a CASE. If you said to renew till DEC but you forgot to pay DEC parking then 'suck thumb' liao.

You can try going up to Town.C and complain.

Once they renew at the wrong carpark and fined me. I went up cannot settle with the counter and demand to see the incharge...yell at the counter that i need to pay for their bor bor and the thing was settle on the spot.

I've tried this before but for a different issue that I was in conflict with HDB - I wrote to CEO of HDB copy Perm Sec MND. I figured just go direct - we shouldn't have to deal with red tape. YMMV though.

According to the law, you broke it so you have to pay a fine. If you don't believe me, ask vince123123.

Get ready the kerosene and a lighter.....

Then BURN...... the letters informing you of your traffiic offences.... JKJK

Anyway, how much is the fine? if not alot then jus pay up la, much easier. HDB always like to be right one mah, so let them be lor.

If the fine is quite a tidy sum, then i suggest you go to MP lor, but dun burn him if he refuses to help you (or when you say "gong xi fa cai" and he nvr give u Angpow)....

But do take note that the reminder system is only meant for reminder sake, a service to you, they are not obliged to remind you time and again, so i suggest you think of something else to say. They will not accept it one. Even if you were to say the multiple rounds of payment and refund made you confused also better than say they never remind you.

Eat the humble pie, say you kena confused(not their fault, your fault), they are not in the fault for not reminding you via SMS (oso your fault, not theirs).... Then say next time you will be more mindful and will check carefully and ask them dun take action this time round.

Based on experience, govt agencies love sweet talk. So yea, hope it helps.

Hello:
Having some problem with the town council, how do you read case below? Can fight?
If you are caught in the situation, how would you appeal the case?
Please give some ideas, nasty one also can but not to the extend of burning people.
Thanks.

Letter of appeal to HDB

Dear Officer:

I have a parking issue on hand and I require your help to settle it.

I received two notice of parking offence (#******* and #********) on two separate occasions at my residential car park.
I found out that I did not renew my Season Parking.
In Nov, I made an error in the payment. I paid for 12 months through my Credit Card, which is not my intention.
I called HDB to reversed the transaction, and instruct pay till end of 2008.
However, due to miscommunication I have only paid for 1 month and that is for Nov.

For the month of Dec, I did not receive the usual SMS reminder to renew season parking. It is only when the second parking offence came to me then I knew of the matter.
I have been paying faithfully for the past years.
This is a genuine case of misunderstanding.
Please do your best to help me waive the two Parking Notice stated above.

Thank you.

Reponse Letter from HBD

We refer to your email of 17 Dec 2008 requesting to waive the subject parking offence notice.

2 Under the Parking Places (Coupon Parking) Rules, the driver must display either a valid season parking ticket or parking coupon(s) when parking his vehicle in the parking space. Any motorist who fails to do so is committing an offence under the said Rules 2

3 On 10 Dec 2008 at 7.47 pm and 16 Dec 2008 at 12.48 am respectively, the parking enforcement staff had found the vehicle parked at Car Park without the display of a valid season parking ticket or parking coupons. Hence, the parking offence notices were issued.

4 We have considered your case but regret to inform you that your request to waive the parking offence notices could not be acceded to. We wish to clarify that all motorists must display a valid parking coupon or season parking ticket when parking their vehicles in the parking space. We seek your understanding in this matter and hope that you could settle the parking fines by 12 Jan 2009.

5 For your convenience, please settle the parking fines at any Self-Service payment kiosk at SAM, AXS Station or through the internet at www,hdb.gov.sg/parkingfine. If you are making payment by cheque, please cross the cheque and make it payable to “Housing & Development Board”. You may mail the cheque to Robinson Road Post Office, P. O. Box 1211, Singapore 902411. Please quote the parking offence notice number on the reverse page of the cheque.
Yours sincerely

Follow up letter to HDB and so far no response.

I am very disappointed with your response.
From your writing, I feel that my case is not being put up for consideration at all.
You simply reply with a standard format, which did not address the concern I put up at all.
I told you I did not receive SMS alert for the monthly renewal. Have you identified the problem and rectified it?
Your faulty system caused me all these problems.
FYI, I did not receive the SMS alert for Jan renewal as well and could not renew my coupon online.
It is very clear that HDB is not sincere at all in accessing my case and solve the problem.

I would like to appeal to a higher level, please provide me the channel to do so.
I will consult my Grass Root Leader and highlight this improper handling of case to him before I will make any payment.

Waiting for your reply.

Forward the emails (I presume you communicated through emails) to the higher management of the Town Council and ask for his/her comment. You will get a response.

Last edited:

sorry, i dont think u hv a case.

u got a summon on 10 dec n it should hv reminded u for something. and u choose to do nothing. :cry:

than u got another summon on 16 dec. how could u say u forgot to renew leh? :think:

pay up now or pay later.

Forward the emails (I presume you communicated through emails) to the higher management of the Town Council and ask for his/her comment. You will get a response.

You are spot on....
Someone from HDB called yesterday evening at 6+pm just to say they will look into the case tomorrow. I tot cicvil kock off at 5pm sharp.
I do not know whether it's the escalation that works or posting in the forum put some pressure on them.
:bsmilie:

sorry, i dont think u hv a case.

u got a summon on 10 dec n it should hv reminded u for something. and u choose to do nothing. :cry:

than u got another summon on 16 dec. how could u say u forgot to renew leh? :think:

pay up now or pay later.

According to the law, you broke it so you have to pay a fine. If you don't believe me, ask vince123123.

I know, if they go by the books, I also LL.
However, I want HDB to understand that this is not normal case whereby I park somewhere and forget to display the parking coupon.
The offence took place at my residential car park where I park my car everyday for many years.
Nobody of the right mind will want to take any chance, right? Sure Kena one meh.

However, I want HDB to understand that this is not normal case whereby I park somewhere and forget to display the parking coupon.
The offence took place at my residential car park where I park my car everyday for many years.
Nobody of the right mind will want to take any chance, right? Sure Kena one meh.
All I can say, your reason given is a bit weak la boss. They will say if you have been parking for so many years, how can you forget to renew your parking coupon. You can't blame the system for not reminding you. But anyway, hope you will get to solve your problems soon. Cheers mate!

Sorry hor, I got a colleague before who never pay for seasonal parking. He will park at the loading and unloading or the rubbish chute parking bay. Then after 11pm, he will drive up to the top level of his car park. He say this way, he escape most of the time which to me is unbelievable. I check, he dun have a parkign disc on his car before....... weird? Cost saving? Or plain silly? But to save $90/mth for all the trouble and worry...... I think its simply not worth it.

Sorry hor, I got a colleague before who never pay for seasonal parking. He will park at the loading and unloading or the rubbish chute parking bay. Then after 11pm, he will drive up to the top level of his car park. He say this way, he escape most of the time which to me is unbelievable. I check, he dun have a parkign disc on his car before....... weird? Cost saving? Or plain silly? But to save $90/mth for all the trouble and worry...... I think its simply not worth it.

Ur colleague very free horz..every night must go down shift car. :bsmilie:

But I do notice..the frequency of parking attendants coming for inspection varies greatly between different neighbourhoods.

btw...differentiate between HDB parking summons and Town Council parking summons...

HDB parking summons as similar to TS kenna issued mostly due to parking in red lots/loading-unloading bays etc, Town Council issued summons mostly for parking indiscriminately under the HDB blocks...

Town Council summons has a higher chance of getting waived if u see ur MP...

HDB summons can be waived, if u have rather solid answers, and if u see ur MP.....however, I have seen cases that have to be appealed repeatedly....

Last edited:
Don't lidat leh.

Whilst that is true, I have successfully waived a couple of my parking offences before using a variety of methods/reasons.

I do think these methods should not be revealed openly here because it will lead to abuses and then they will close the door for genuine cases.

In this case, I will say that if you offer to pay your December season parking, they should be able to waive the fines.

I think you have no case.

First, you didn't pay for any Dec season parking. You can use this amount to offset the 1st parking ticket.

Second, you choose to do nothing (display coupon) when you got the 1st parking ticket.

Consider using Giro.

There are differents between privilege and entilement.

It is a privilege to receive a SMS and if not, it is your duty to remember. They are from HDB.

Give this reason to the judge...I had forgotten to pay my parking charge and HDB fine me as they did not SMS me!

Status
Not open for further replies.