A Caring Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastboltnut

Mar 23, 2006
Where the wind blows...
Hi guys,

As the title tells, I was trying to show the love and care of a mother to her child.

Please give me your C&C....thanks.

316845812_0cbac4e815_o.jpg

Yah, I agree, but I cannot remove it lah.....sorry, need to have the mark there, if not the subject will not allow me to post....:)

liddat ar...

anyway, the main distraction is the lamp behind... should change angle or move the lamp. ;p

prefer to see both legs of the baby. a close up on the baby experssion would be better. of course the story lead by the cake, but the tool is still the spoon. a 1/2 eaten cake would look better, esp facing the audience.

salvage tis pic, a tighter crop would be better.

Thanks Del_CtrlnoAlt for your comment. Actually this shot was an impromtu shot during a tea session.....just that a review seems got potential, so I PP a bit and get CC here....

I agree with you comment about the lamp and the BB's leg....I also find the cup handle on the left distracting too....Any advice on how to crop tighter? Dun 1 the cake?

TIA!

liddat ar...

anyway, the main distraction is the lamp behind... should change angle or move the lamp. ;p

prefer to see both legs of the baby. a close up on the baby experssion would be better. of course the story lead by the cake, but the tool is still the spoon. a 1/2 eaten cake would look better, esp facing the audience.

salvage tis pic, a tighter crop would be better.

Yah, I agree, but I cannot remove it lah.....sorry, need to have the mark there, if not the subject will not allow me to post....:)

Then maybe you shouldnt post this photo then...
Then again, doesnt seem to show the "loving" or "caring" much, I dont get the point.
the baby's position seem awkwark and uncomfortable, if u have gotten the shot of baby on mummy's lap, might be better.
the baby seem to be struggling to get rid of the spoon

Might work better if you have moved a little more to your left and zoom in closer

Thanks Del_CtrlnoAlt for your comment. Actually this shot was an impromtu shot during a tea session.....just that a review seems got potential, so I PP a bit and get CC here....

I agree with you comment about the lamp and the BB's leg....I also find the cup handle on the left distracting too....Any advice on how to crop tighter? Dun 1 the cake?

TIA!

no problem... a crop i did...

316845812_0cbac4e815_oedit.jpg

if u only wan the mom & kid, then crop the cake away can liao... the feel is better like tis...

Thanks grumpy for your comments and will take note.:)

U really see in a way that the baby is trying to get rid of the spoon? But I see that the mum is trying to help the baby to send the food in to his mouth.:D Diff in thinking:bsmilie:

Then maybe you shouldnt post this photo then...
Then again, doesnt seem to show the "loving" or "caring" much, I dont get the point.
the baby's position seem awkwark and uncomfortable, if u have gotten the shot of baby on mummy's lap, might be better.
the baby seem to be struggling to get rid of the spoon

Might work better if you have moved a little more to your left and zoom in closer

Thanks grumpy for your comments and will take note.:)

U really see in a way that the baby is trying to get rid of the spoon? But I see that the mum is trying to help the baby to send the food in to his mouth.:D Diff in thinking:bsmilie:

Dunno
Just the way I see, both the mum's and baby's expressions are kinda awkward and tense; and the way both their hands clench the spoon... :think: to me, it does not seem like either of them are enjoying that moment.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Yah, its good to hear and see another angle of view. Thanks!;)

Dunno
Just the way I see, both the mum's and baby's expressions are kinda awkward and tense; and the way both their hands clench the spoon... :think: to me, it does not seem like either of them are enjoying that moment.

Just my 2 cents ;)

think its quite a diff topic to capture... i dun feel the 'warmth' here in your pic. sorry. might wanna try portrait shot instead of landscape though

Sure oxidizer, thank you for your view. I will try if I have the chance again....these moments are hard to come by.:)

think its quite a diff topic to capture... i dun feel the 'warmth' here in your pic. sorry. might wanna try portrait shot instead of landscape though

the mummy look quite pek chek leh...smile a bit better to go with your title.

Status
Not open for further replies.