Status
Not open for further replies.

hhho

Nov 2, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi! Took it yesterday evening after jogging Jurong Lake side garden

original.aspx

It was last weekend Latern Festival in Chinese Garden and I took it just before sky getting dark. I did processing it in photoshop to make it looked more presentable.
I need your critique on how to improve this photo :dunno:

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Why don't you try cropping away the top section of the pictures (skies) and a bit of the bottom so that it becomes a pano shot? The skies are taking a huge part of the observer's attention which i don't think should be the main subject in this pic.

I would also agree on a pano crop. The other issue would be that, you're shooting from the left of the bridge's central part. If you were shooting from dead centre towards the bridge, it would have been much better.

Maybe you can crop it such that theres more water instead of sky
and there's not much in the sky anyway
Prob look better instead of having the bridge in the middle of the pic

Too much sky. If there was a moon or something, it will make a great difference.
Overall, not bad..

Thank you for your feedback
I made another attempt to crop in a better proportion
Here's another version.

original.aspx

Cheers,

I think you need to crop a lot more. Still doesn't draw my attention to the bridge.

Crop to just above the treeline.

Make it to about 1:4 ratio...

aiya you all ask him crop crop crop
just do for him la

1485231706_2974e54403_o.jpg

oh, i did some pp as well
blue is so depressing :bsmilie:

Crop factor is just right... but I dun like this colour... still prefer the original.. or mebbe a deeper blue (with higher saturation)

I suggest you choose another spot to shoot so that each dolphine can be seen. This is my take. (click to enlarge)

Sorry and no, your picture is too dark to be seen.
The focus is not on dolphine lantern or every dolphine lantern must be seen.
I choose the evening time for this shot (before the darknees falls) for specific purpose
Thank you for your comments.

cheers,

this is the last time i'll be posting in the critique corner
looking at the last few posts is very demoralising, espeicially when huluyue was commenting on the viewpoint/perspective
overdefensiveness is getting so common nowadays, sometimes i wonder why people even bother posting in this section when their focus is not to get critique
what an open-minded community, what an open-minded place :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

my suggestion to all here alike is to do a quick search of the ts' previous threads first
and see the general attitude he has presented so far
that would be a rough guide - me, i just find myself not bothering anymore

this is the last time i'll be posting in the critique corner
looking at the last few posts is very demoralising, espeicially when huluyue was commenting on the viewpoint/perspective
overdefensiveness is getting so common nowadays, sometimes i wonder why people even bother posting in this section when their focus is not to get critique
what an open-minded community, what an open-minded place
my suggestion to all here alike is to do a quick search of the ts' previous threads first
and see the general attitude he has presented so far
that would be a rough guide - me, i just find myself not bothering anymore

GOOD SAID night86mare :thumbsup: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Sorry and no, your picture is too dark to be seen.
The focus is not on dolphine lantern or every dolphine lantern must be seen.
I choose the evening time for this shot (before the darknees falls) for specific purpose
Thank you for your comments.

cheers,

Really? This will be big enough for you to see:

1489356659_d338854a61_b.jpg

She didn't mean you have to shoot after dark. You still can shoot BEFORE THE DARKNESS FALLS. Just choose a different spot that's all, right?

Hey,

I like the partial view of the under bridge arch being lit, very creative perspective. That would make a good focus point. Things that you might want to take note is the white light in the middle of the lake seems distracting, while the color of the sunset can be achieved with some compensate on the white balance towards red in our camera setting. What is your speed btw?

Hey,

I like the partial view of the under bridge arch being lit, very creative perspective. That would make a good focus point. Things that you might want to take note is the white light in the middle of the lake seems distracting, while the color of the sunset can be achieved with some compensate on the white balance towards red in our camera setting. What is your speed btw?

Here's EXIF Information
Camera: E-300
Shutter: 1/10 sec
Aperature: f/4.2
ExposureProgram: 2
ISO: 200
MeteringMode: 5
Focal Length: 25.0 mm
ExposureMode: 0

Thank you, kelvin
I think it's a spot light behind the bridge.
My focus point is on the bridge. Where else can I focus?
ya, never though of better use of the camera setting at that time.
What setting could it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.