A bit curious abt the deals u guys get....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Notice some of you guys got a lot of lobangs for media or official photographer pass to cover events.

As I suffer the fate from having a small social circle and not knowing ppl in those events committees, I'm wondering how did u guys manage to get those exclusive photographer pass to cover events which some of us can only dream about....

BTW, when I register for my 300D at the Canon website, I notice that they ask if you are a Canon CPS member.

What exactly is this CPS member? Izzit a circle of professional photographers which are employed by Canon?

jsbn said:
BTW, when I register for my 300D at the Canon website, I notice that they ask if you are a Canon CPS member.

What exactly is this CPS member? Izzit a circle of professional photographers which are employed by Canon?

CPS = canon professional service.

available to whatever canon considers pro equipment.

headlesschook said:
CPS = canon professional service.

available to whatever canon considers pro equipment.

i know sooner or later, someone will ask how to become CPS member

well, u will need at least a Professional SLR camera (EOS 1D/1Ds/1D MKII...)

and also some L lenses to qualify

basically it gives u 30% discount for service charge if u send your camera/lenses for repair. however for parts, u still have to pay the full price.

Get yourself a Canon cap, Canon vest, Canon camera strap and bag, and walk like a pro. You might be passed up by the security people as a professional photographer.

To look convincing you might want to print out some sort of I.D. badge and wear it e.g:

jsbn
Photojournalist
Planet News Ltd

Wai said:
i know sooner or later, someone will ask how to become CPS member

well, u will need at least a Professional SLR camera (EOS 1D/1Ds/1D MKII...)

and also some L lenses to qualify

basically it gives u 30% discount for service charge if u send your camera/lenses for repair. however for parts, u still have to pay the full price.

And if i'm not wrong, you must also be working some sort of professional photographer to be CPS member. Heard from somewhere..

Sion said:

To look convincing you might want to print out some sort of I.D. badge and wear it e.g:

jsbn
Photojournalist
Planet News Ltd

real life where got this kind of name one :bsmilie:

but with media pass, can you hv access to all events anytime anywhere? or do you have to notify the organizer in advance, and upon checking you're from a bonafide media, then they give you access? or is it purely by invitation from the organiser only, ie selected journalists from selected media allowed to cover?

or can any tom dick n harry with journalist pass can just hv access to cover say, Euro 2004?? :bsmilie:

any members here who happens to knw the media thingy kindly enlighten?

behyx said:
And if i'm not wrong, you must also be working some sort of professional photographer to be CPS member. Heard from somewhere..

get the form from the canon service centre. they dont care if u pro or not.
10D and D60 also qualifies, according the the service ppl.

headlesschook said:
Nah.... Dun even own a 10D. A 300D is all dat I can afford (if not for the lens promotion, I might had bought some other prosumer cams instead). So I think this CPS thing is outta my league for a noob photographer like me. :)

Witness said:
hmmm....print cards and start givin out...haha..
Print cards?

For MY standard, I think its not appropriate... YET. Till I can stop my hand from shaking.

headlesschook said:

Therein lies the problem with an exclusive service that doesn't set exclusive membership requirements. You promise everyone in CPS priority service, but if everyone's CPS, you go back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.