A Biker's Ballet

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric.appleguy

Apr 18, 2007
img_2791.jpg

Picture was selected from a ton of others shot under continuous drive mode and fast shutter / high ISO settings. Wanted to capture the sometimes strong, balletic movements of the stunt bikers.

Photo cropped and tilted to enhance composition and to add a precarious sense of balance. Colour corrected to grayscale to lend 'timelessness' to the photo.

As this was shot indoors, I'd like to know how flash would've helped.

All other comments and criticisms are also welcome.

Well, maybe a little motion blur will add to the effect of the "dance" and create a little more punch to the title. I feel that it a little tightly crop.

Well, maybe a little motion blur will add to the effect of the "dance" and create a little more punch to the title. I feel that it a little tightly crop.

Noted. I didn't have a tripod with me and probably wouldn't have used one too as my camera had to follow the biker as he rode. Cropping was inevitable as I was shooting this with my 50mm prime, though I quite like how it turned out eventually.

Thanks again.

is a very nice pic, i like the idea of it.
how about shooting at a bigger aperture?
focus of cam is on the bike frame, well not entirely a bad idea but still give it a try for effect.

need the front wheel, to give the sense of pivot and movement ... I dun understand why u cropped it off, or unless it missed the capture frame altogether ... :)

I dont think the tilt is effective at conveying movement

Status
Not open for further replies.