A Big Thank You (Ganbatte Japan - 26/03)

sebastiansong

Jan 20, 2002
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Day One of Ganbatte Japan and it was a tremendous success, both in the donations and more importantly, smiles collected.

On behalf of Clubsnap, I would like to express our deepest gratitude to all Donors who have donated and spared their time for a portrait today. We are in the process of sorting and uploading all the images.
Our success today would not have been possible without our volunteers, who selflessly donated their time and resources. Clubsnap is proud to count you among our members. The roll of honor as follows:

• Adam "The Idol" Goi
  • Acidbyte
  • Bachman
  • Bananaman30
  • Bblurrr
  • Bluestrike
  • Cancan7
  • Cheerful88
  • Chngpe01
  • Christ Mong
  • Chrisx6243
  • Chuakel
  • Daredevil123
  • Denniskee
  • Dejavu
  • Dominic
  • Ed9119 (& Daughter)
  • Furball
  • Gladyszzl
  • Jasonlcs
  • Johnlam
  • JohnTeoh
  • Jomonkl
  • Junniee
  • Kriegsketten
  • Mgohzxc
  • Nik34
  • One7two
  • PengKangHill
  • PeterPan1975
  • PhotoProZero
  • Pyromaniac
  • Rickey
  • Ryan
  • Sebastiansong
  • Scandisk
  • Sci80899
  • sfoto100
  • Silent Trigger
  • TauFreak
  • Teegongkia
  • TMC
  • Tonton
  • TupiGuy
  • Wolfbomb
  • Yafoo82
  • YapDyo
  • Yap1985
  • ZerocoolAstra

Bold denotes volunteers who have helped on both 26/03 and 27/03.

My deepest apologies for any inaccuracies. Please do not hesitate to PM me if I have erred.

It's been a long and tiring day and we still have 5 more weekends of fund raising. But knowing that our efforts will contribute to the rebuilding of a nation can only strengthen our resolve.

Finally, we would like to invite all members to be part of Ganbatte Japan. All help is essential for our success. Even if you have one or two hours, join us and make a difference.

For details on how you can help, please refer to Clubsnap Special Events.

Last edited:
It's been my pleasure working with everyone.

It's been a long but meaningful day and I know it's never easy to park your work as well as your precious weekend to help and encourage those who are less fortunate than us.

Here's one for all the vounteers (unfortunately we don't have one which captured all of us)

Volunteers_2011.sized.jpg

It was hot in more ways than one today !!!! But it was totally FUN !!!

I personally was actually scared to put my ego to one side and pick up the Collection Tin to canvas for the first donations from strangers ..... but I got used to it and enjoyed myself with other CS'ers tremendously reaching out to total strangers for help

I think many of us were SO TOUCHED...... there were just SO MANY stories along Scotts Road today

Taxi drivers and regular cars just honking us and donating as they crawled past in a jam...... and they were dropping $10 and more each time

I was also TOUCHED to see some donors holding back wet eyes as they gave so generously

Little kids too.... emptying all their coins in their pockets to help out in relief efforts

One Ang Moh .... on knowing what the drive was about..... without a 2nd thought dug deep into his jeans pocket and emptied whatever money was inside .... a fistful of love and caring

Even the security guards, cleaning ladies, kitchen staff from cafes nearby were coming up and giving generously

It was more than a donation drive for me ....... it was a rare trip into caring hearts from both locals and tourists alike

My faith in humanity received a great affirmation today on Scotts Rd

Last edited:
Perks of Volunteering for Ganbatte Japan
  1. Help raise funds for victims of the Japan earthquake and tsunami... Priceless
  2. Capture the lovely portraits of kind Donors from all walks of life... Priceless
  3. Interact with fellow CS members and volunteers... Priceless
  4. Share photography tips... Priceless
  5. Experience the joy of Adam's great company... (Beyond Words!!!)

So what are you waiting for?
See you all at Far East Plaza and Republic Plaza today from 11 am to 6 pm

The first post has been update with volunteers for 27/03 as well.
Thank you everyone for the generous support & contributions.

Perks of Volunteering for Ganbatte Japan
  1. Help raise funds for victims of the Japan earthquake and tsunami... Priceless
  2. Capture the lovely portraits of kind Donors from all walks of life... Priceless
  3. Interact with fellow CS members and volunteers... Priceless
  4. Share photography tips... Priceless
    [*]Experience the joy of Adam's great company... (Beyond Words!!!)

So what are you waiting for?
See you all at Far East Plaza and Republic Plaza today from 11 am to 6 pm

Thats like being in the presence of Clubsnap Royalty :).