A beautiful morning to start off.

cubo21

Jun 28, 2009
West
8411637198_db8b318e43_z.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

a. Exposure
b. The area that can be further improve by Photoshop.
c. The biggest fault I should avoid in this picture.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To bring out the beautiful lights of Dawn.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Early morning, feeling good while fighting the zZZ monster.

Camera setting
Manual 15mm, F16, 5s, ISO 100

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Learning Photoshop and felt confused of the wide spectrum of colours. It look fine to my untrained eyes but what is the definition of a good pictures? Does judgement also link to personal liking?

Many thanks to all C&C in advance!!!

Cheers!!!

While I think the colours are ok, I would strongly advise to spend some time with the basics of composition and the usage of wide angle lenses. The distortion just destroys everything here and the lack of composition (that wire cutting through the pic) ruins this beautiful morning.

I don't really mind the distortion here....taken with a fisheye eyes? i do find the bottom a bit tight, the image underexposed, and the overhead cable distracting. suggest including more of the foreground, some backlight correction, and cloning away the distracting cable.
e.g.
8413384561_53b9f433b2_o.jpg

Many thanks for the pointers, sorry this is a fisheye lens. Snapping this shot in mind then was "with the cable or without the fence". Agreed composition is important.

More foreground seem to make the pictures look so much different. Thank you very much!