a banana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokeh1.8

Jul 6, 2006
Greetings all dai gors of CS!! I shot a banana wth my DIY softbox, playing with the angles and use of "space" to boost its overall aesthetics.. I took off the skin to add on more visual "texture".. Hope to get more comments regarding this and how to improve on it. Thanks alot!!

banana_i_by_kevyyn.jpg

Not bad. Nice and sharp.
Only thing is it looks kind of "messy" with the fibres (correct me if I am wrong) hanging.
Overall, nice shot.
You mention it is a DIY softbox. Care to show us how you DIY it?

Looks good, sharp. Just wonder what others think about shadows...from what I know, most try to eliminate shadows.

If it were my photo, I'd rename it to "Raped..." or "Violated..." hehehe

I think the banana is a tad too high... I'd prefer a slightly more diagonal placement of the subject...

Slight magenta tint as well.

Lastly, what's that sharp fold just off the banana's upper right part? Fold of the backdrop?

some pointers

it seems that you took too long to shoot your banana
notice the discolouration of the banana peel
i would think that you are trying to make the banana look good to eat?
peeling the banana carefully would make it better
also do note that the stem and skin is OOF due to lack of DOF

Not bad. Nice and sharp.
Only thing is it looks kind of "messy" with the fibres (correct me if I am wrong) hanging.
Overall, nice shot.
You mention it is a DIY softbox. Care to show us how you DIY it?

Thanks for your reply!! oh the fibres are done like that on purpose to give it a more "texturized" feel to it. The way to make that softbox could be found in strobist :)

some pointers

it seems that you took too long to shoot your banana
notice the discolouration of the banana peel
i would think that you are trying to make the banana look good to eat?
peeling the banana carefully would make it better
also do note that the stem and skin is OOF due to lack of DOF

Thank you so much ortega dai gor for your valuable inputs!! yes, the banana peel was discoloured as it has been sitting in the fridge for quite some time :bsmilie: will take note of the pointers. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.